View Full Version : usim locked..

dilli
22nd December 2006, 09:15 PM
i got lg 3 u400 frm uk but i m in india .how can i use it in india .when i insert indian sim it says usim locked plzzz help:mad:

3g-g
22nd December 2006, 09:34 PM
Hi didli, welcome to Talk3G :)

I'm afraid the only way you can use another SIM in the handset is to have it unlocked, either by a 3rd party or via a code from the network operator that the phone was originally on.

Apart from that there's not much else you can do, perhaps it's worth checking the internet from some remote unlocking services specific for that handset model.

Let us know how you get on.

Hands0n
22nd December 2006, 11:56 PM
Checking the unlocking forums it looks like the U400 does not have a independent unlocking solution as of November 2006. Things may change in the months to come, but if what I'm reading is correct the only way to get an unlock is to get the code from 3 - good luck there, you'll need it!

dilli
23rd December 2006, 04:39 PM
thnk a alot 4 helping. how can i get code frm 3 i m in india

Hands0n
23rd December 2006, 05:25 PM
That would be the problem - you cannot do it from India! 3 have a rigourous and strict policy where they only provide the code for an unlock when the handset is out of its contracted period. Then, normally, only to the person who took the contract out. They make it difficult/impossible to get a code if you did not have the original contract (I know this from personal experience). If the handset is still in the contract period 3 will not release a code to unlock it.

I do rather think that you will have to wait for an unlock solution for the U400 to come out, or see if there is anyone in your nation who can do the job for you locally.

dilli
23rd December 2006, 08:01 PM
thnx alot 4 helping m .plzz if any solution comes tll m