View Full Version : Direct Text/Talk Renamed

getti
29th December 2006, 10:23 AM
Direct VTT 1000 and Direct Text 1400 have been renamed to Direct Talker 1000 and Direct Texter 1400 respectively.

The price plans are exactly the same as before and are priced at £35/month. However, both the Direct Texter AND Talker now qualify for the extended half price line rental offers which means:

750 Any time, Any network minutes
150 Text messages
50 Video calling minutes
50 Picture/Video Messages
£5.00 downloads

3GScottishUser
29th December 2006, 12:59 PM
Looks pooer than the deal offered by 02 (£35 buys [Texter] 600 X/Net Mins + 1000 SMS or [Talker] 800 X/Net + 200 SMS) and they charge all videocalls at the same rate as voice.

Also looks similar to Flext 35 but T-Mobile are discounting that so you end up with free Web'N'Walk included for £35 a month.

Orange are about to revamp their animals again and T-Mobile are also expected to improve the value of their Flext plans so all in all things are looking much better for customers and many paying over £30 a month will now find it hard to use all of the inclusive talk and texts! Its very hard to use them on Vodafone with Stop the Clock!!

Ben
29th December 2006, 04:57 PM
Good news about the half price line rental offers now applying. Those 50 picture/video messages and the £5 of downloads really add value if they're appropriate to the users consumption requirements.

solo12002
29th December 2006, 08:44 PM
Not seen any of the changes refered to as yet on the information I have from the networks which can be seen here:

http://www.hughsymonscommunications.co.uk/comms/content.asp?DBID=9642

The final print may say something else. What did open my eyes is the new 02 plan 50,000 plan with a £12000 commission for the main hand set. F@@k no wonder call charges and data rates are so high.

3GScottishUser
30th December 2006, 04:00 PM
Hold on a minute.........

These plans used to cost £30 a month now after being renamed the price has gone up to £35 a month

As they have renamed these I doubt if the rise will affect existing customers but it does not inspire confidence when just about every other network are lowering prices!!

3 appear to heading in the wrong direction with this change.