View Full Version : My new N73 and T-Mobile....

chagle
30th December 2006, 04:01 PM
Hi all,

Hope everyone is looking forward to a nice new year! :)

Should have my T-Mobile N73 Tuesday and ordered a Slingbox....

I know 3 do the x-Series etc. but does anyone know if there's a SlingPlayer for the N73?

Surely it's not just exclusive to 3? :(

Anyone else using a N73 on T-Mobile?

Glen.

miffed
30th December 2006, 06:24 PM
Congrats on the purchase ! Hope you enjoy it

I think there are some problems with getting slingplayer - there was a 30 day trial player available , but no way to buy the full version in the UK (speculation was that this was connected to an exclusive deal with 3 :confused: )
I don't think this is a real (long term) problem , as smartphone customers are nothing if not resourceful - so either a hacked player or a compatible player will be around before long even if the above is all true

(also , remember some W&W packages forbid video streaming ! )

Hands0n
30th December 2006, 09:49 PM
@chagle - I think you're out of luck at the moment http://uk.slingmedia.com/object/io_1164958317219.html but as miffed says, no doubt a version of it will appear somewhere in one form or another :D

Here's to 2007 then, looks like it might just be quite an exciting one, lots of changes and new stuff. Can't wait :D

chagle
31st December 2006, 12:02 PM
(also , remember some W&W packages forbid video streaming ! )[/QUOTE]

Hi there.

I've just been on the T-Mobile website and looks like there's three versions of WnW..

Web'n'Walk
Web'n'Walk Plus
Web'n'Walk Max

Media streaming appears to be available on the Plus package.. so I would probably upgrade to this *if* I of course can get a SlingPlayer for the N73.

Looks also great as you can also use the phone as a modem. If this easy to setup ? Never tried this before...

HandsOn - Thanks for your reply! Why did we have a bank holiday... i.e. tomorrow, I would of had my new N73 then! Have to wait until Tuesday now..

:(

Glen.

Hands0n
31st December 2006, 03:45 PM
@chagle - painful, waiting, innit? :) Mind you, I'll be needing tomorrow off .... if habit repeats itself tonight :D

Setting up your handset as a modem into T-Mobile's networks is a snip. If you get stuck just holler but basically;

the number to dial is *99# and the Username is "user" (no quotes) and the Password is blank. If you're linking to the handset using Bluetooth make sure that the "modem" speed is as fast as you can set it, otherwise you may end up with a default 9,600bps - which is a fraction of the 380Kbps+ that you'll get on vanilla 3G (more on HSDPA if the handset is compatible).

I'm now on Web N Walk Plus - you are limited to a total 3GB FUP each month, if you go over they'll have a word with you, if you persist they'll do something to throttle your throughput (packet shaping on your particular account methinks). I suspect that with Slingyerhook or whatever its called today will easily use up your 3GB. That 3GB is a both ways total byte count.

Do keep us posted on how you get on with the thing though..... its all nice shiny new stuff to be playing with into 2007 :D

chagle
1st January 2007, 12:48 AM
Thank you HandsOn for the info.

I guess I'll only really being using the Modem/Mobile for work really.. it's all text based/mainframe stuff now not much bandwidth. Should be fine..

I'll certainly keep you posted ...

Happy New Year.!