View Full Version : Moto V3xx

3GsINgH
30th December 2006, 08:02 PM
Hi everybody!

Just to let you know ive got my hands on the new HSDPA Moto V3xx. Its a very sleek and smart phone with great build quality. Anyone with questions ill be happy to answer.

At first glance it is near an exact copy of the original v3...will go down well with the punters then! Its amazing to see how far 3G phones have come in the time since the NEC e606 was released. The selling point of this phone will be size not features. Its amazingly thin and well built but does not have the abundance of features that some of its rivals have...K800i, W850i, N93 etc.

It comes with the standard features of:
1.3MP Camera...Don't know why it cant be at least 2MP
Bluetooth
Music Player
50MB Memory...expandable with Micro SD/ Transflash
Java support
Video Calling

However thats about all it does, for those who want their phones to clean the kitchen sink (or features to that effect :D ) then i doubt this is the phone for you, however if you want a well built, good looking phone that will do the job well then i would reccomend this well. ;) If you want HSDPA then this IS the phone for you right now. Download speeds of upto 3.6MBPS means this phone will rocket through downloads. I got a song off the 3 portal in about 7secs....amazing!!

Ill look to get some photos online for you later in the week.

Cheers

Hands0n
30th December 2006, 09:37 PM
Nice one 3FsINgH - looking forward to the photos of the beastie.

I do believe that the likes of the V3xx will score among those who are more after its HSDPA function than the other stuff you allude to. One wonders if anyone really does use all of the functions in a handset, or are we really asking for something as general purpose as a PC. But even those need additional software and hardware to be truly multipurpose.

I am getting on fine with 3G data speeds on T-Mobile, topping out to a reported 460Kbps. Not sure that I'd actually use the 3.6Mbps on offer the way I use mobile data right now. But I'm firmly convinced that as data tariffs start to approach those of landline ADSL levels that a whole new market will open up. There are hundreds of thousands of contracts to be won in the home rental markets and college/university pupils. These are forever on the move and cabled DSL does them no favours.

The V3 format is a fairly well tried formula and it sells - even if it does look a bit dated these days. But to be fair, it is only a couple of years old at most. I'd think the format has some time to run yet - judging by the number of Nokia 3xxx format handsets that I see still in use!

faza20
30th January 2007, 11:28 AM
Hiya folks.

I've had the other varient in my hands sice last Friday (the V6 Maxx - pretty much the same but with 2mp camera, and external MP3 controls).

I'm usually a Sony Ericcson man, but I've gotta say it has really impressed me so far. Hooked it up to my laptop and instantly got 1.8mbps (max on Voda - data card doesn't go that fast at home!) download speed. The only thing I don't like is the lack of auto focus - being the caffiene chunky that I am, decent photos are impossible to get without it.

I tested the V3x for Vodafone about 18mths ago, and thought it was appaling, the V6 has really turned round my opinion of Motorola.