View Full Version : Inactive SIM

Knigar
1st January 2007, 12:34 PM
Dear all

PLEASE HELP,

my phone was working fine up to Saturday (2 days ago) and then on Sunday it started showing inactive SIM, 02 had sent me a new sim as this problem had occurred a few weeks ago and the next day it fixed itself (no settings were changed or anything like that) My mate has exactly the same phone as me (He's on (02 contract) as well and his works fine in my phone, but mine still shows inactive sim on his phone.

I have contacted 02 and i have given them the code to activate the sim and it has been over 24 hours. I have done a master reset, still shows inactive sim. up to saturday I did not do anything different with it and it was the 2nd time it showed inactive sim.

I have been instructed to go into an 02 store, but due to work that will not be feasible till saturday. Till then has any of you fantastic ppl got any suggestions which would make it go.

Hands0n
1st January 2007, 03:05 PM
Hello Knigar, welcome to Talk3G. I'm sure we'll be able to at least steer you in the right direction :)

It does rather sound like a system administration problem back at O2's network. For the SIM to be inactive it is likely that there is a registration problem in O2's systems. Basically the detail is either incomplete or incorrect, and it will require the help of O2's Customer Services people, the correct team - thats the hard part, to resolve the issue.

I can't see how going to an O2 store is going to actually help you out, as they will have to contact CS on your behalf. OK, they'll have a stock of SIMs that they can try out in conjunction with the CS, but that is the only benefit I can see.

I'd get back on to O2's CS and insist that they work on the problem with you. It may be that you should grab a cup of tea before you sit down to this task as I'd anticipate it'll take them a while. Not so much to do the deed, but for you to convince them that they should spend the time on you online. Be polite, but insistent. Try and get on first name terms with the CS ops (feel my pain).

Some CS operations do this much better than others - I had something similar happen this time last year with Vodafone where two newish SIM/Mobile Numbers got interchanged. They were very keen to help online but it did take a bit of juggling with the information before we collectively got it right.

I hope this helps, do please let us know how you get on and what finally resolved the issue.