View Full Version : Orange Data Bundle

whatleydude
2nd January 2007, 10:04 AM
Nearly unlimited!

I found a post on the Nokia Round Table Forums talking about this:

Orange have started a new data bundle it's an unlimited data package:

£5/month for unlimited data useage during evenings (7pm - 7am) and weekends (7pm fri - 7am mon). As a special promotion they are even offering the first month free. If you do use data during the peak rate time then that is capped to £1.50/day. When they say unlimited, they actually mean subject to a fair useage policy of 1000MB/month.

I got a special promotion leaflet through the post. What that doesn't mention is that if you're prepared to sign up for 6 months then the cost drops to £4/month.

Seems waaay better than my current data package which was a paltry 4MB/month deal.

http://www1.orange.co.uk/1monthmobileinternet/

Only available to existing contract customers. My guess is that Orange is responding to 3's recently announced unlimited data package. Just thought I'd share the info

Not bad...

timothythetim
2nd January 2007, 03:22 PM
About bloomin' time.
So much better than what they had before.
I'll be signing up asap.

3GScottishUser
2nd January 2007, 04:04 PM
Not much good to me as at home I have Orange broadband and wi-fi and can use my phone to access that minus any of the restrictions in the small print.

Definately a better deal but only useful if your usage pattern matches the off-peak hours detailed.

Ben
2nd January 2007, 04:27 PM
This could be popular with students wanting easy Internet access without the fuss of a cabled service and the associated regular charges, depending on the T&C's of course.

Hands0n
2nd January 2007, 08:10 PM
I think that the mobile ops have completely missed the students and rented accommodation market. These are prime targets for mobile data, if the FUP and price are right.

Not intending to tiddle in the pool, but I have to hold up Orange's offer against T-Mobile's Web N Walk Plus although the latter is £12.50 you do get 3GB (3,000MB) per month 24x7 - and although a FUP exists, there appears to be no additional charges for going over - just that T-Mobile will warn you and if you persist in going over, they will throttle your throughput speed. It would not take too many Orange £1.50/days to make up the diff between their tariff and T-Mobile's.

As always, inspect the packaging carefully before taking the plunge. The Orange deal is a significant step in the right direction. More please :)