View Full Version : 3 Pay as u go do not find net?

SvenDettmer
2nd January 2007, 05:25 PM
Hi, i don´t know how to explane correct, i got a 3 pay as u go sim card, and i can use my mobile like a pc.... lol, but i don´t get a signal of a net. I do not have loadet the card with cash and i live not in england. Is it possible to get it work?

greetings
Sven

3g-g
2nd January 2007, 06:29 PM
Hi Sven,

You don't get a signal of a net, do you mean that you've no network coverage? Is your signal strength at zero? And I'd presume that as you've not loaded the PAYG SIM with any money you'll not be able to do anything either, adding credit to a PAYG SIM is the only way to make use of it I'm afraid!

Ben
2nd January 2007, 08:48 PM
Are you outside of the UK, trying to roam on foreign networks? If so, I don't think Three has very extensive Pay As You Go roaming. If no roaming networks are available, your phone wont log on to any network.

SvenDettmer
3rd January 2007, 03:56 PM
Hi, i thought that to, but we have here many with 3G in sweden. Like 3, Vodafone, Telia.

I just got a mail from seller, he called that he have left 17 month of his abo. and if he unlock my mobile now, he have to pay over 530 £ at once....
So, i have to unlock it somewhere else....
Right now i can´t find one to unlock with imei, but might be on other way?
LG U300 Three uk....

3GScottishUser
3rd January 2007, 10:28 PM
Unlikely. Most newer phones are SIM Locked to their network and the encryption is secure.

The LG U300 is a budget model and not worth the bother really. Put the loss down to experience and get another 3G model SIM free as it'll cost less than paying 3 UK for an unlock code.

Good Luck

Ben
4th January 2007, 12:00 AM
Hi, i thought that to, but we have here many with 3G in sweden. Like 3, Vodafone, Telia.
Roaming is different. It relies on predetermined agreements between the networks for billing purposes. On a contract roaming isn't a problem (as such) because the customer is very likely to pay their bill when it catches up with them. On pre-pay, however, the billing delay between some networks can allow subscribers to run up massive bills and then never pay - that's why roaming on pre-pay is rubbish, particularly on young, less well connected nets.

SvenDettmer
7th January 2007, 12:39 PM
Hi, thanks for trying helping, friends!

I will sell my mobile with this simcard on auctionsite (Tradera). Right now i have a bidder.....

It's a good thing for me of course that i can sell it. I don't need to get all the money i payed for it, but all over 60% is good :)