View Full Version : New N-Series Just Announced

getti
8th January 2007, 07:08 AM
Nokia N93i
Nokia N800
Nokia N76

3GScottishUser
8th January 2007, 07:18 AM
`The N76 brings the complete Nokia N-Series experience to a sleeker body, with little compromise,'' Nokia said in a statement, adding the model was 13.7 millimeters thick and will be available in the first quarter of 2007 for around 390 euros before subsidies from operators or local taxes.

The initial models in the N-Series multimedia devices were criticized for their bulk. The N76 is designed around digital music playing, Internet browsing and photo blogging straight from the phone's 2 megapixel camera.

Nokia's phone launches are important because it is the leader in the 1 billion units a year handset market with a global market share of around 35 percent.

Nokia also announced a slimmer version of its N93 phone which doubles as a digital video camera, called the N93i. It will be available for 600 euros in the first quarter of 2007. It is 25 millimeters thick down from 28.2 millimeters for the N93.

The Finnish company also unveiled a new Internet tablet, using the Linux operating system. Building on Nokia's first Internet tablet, called the 770 Internet Tablet, the N800 introduces faster performance, full screen finger qwerty keyboard and an integrated Web camera.

The device, which does not need to go through time-consuming network approvement procedures from mobile telecoms operators because it uses a Wi-Fi short range wireless Internet connection, will be on sale immediately in the United States and several European markets for around 400 euros and 400 dollars.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/technology/tech-electronics-show-nokia.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Some brief details - pic (N76) below.

getti
8th January 2007, 08:02 AM
Some pictures

whatleydude
8th January 2007, 08:28 AM
N76 = "RAZR by Nokia"

Ben
8th January 2007, 09:11 AM
Oh my god, yuck. I never thought anyone could come up with a more vulgar design than Motorola! It better have the oomph to back it up!

getti
8th January 2007, 09:39 AM
Saw one tonight but had no juice to have a decent look. Will be getting my hands on them all tomorrow morning around 8am Las Vegas time which is about pm 2pm UK time.

Will get plenty of footage/coverage

Hands0n
8th January 2007, 11:02 AM
Oh my god, yuck. I never thought anyone could come up with a more vulgar design than Motorola! It better have the oomph to back it up!

Its a brave new world Ben :) I rather fancy that this will be the way of a lot of handsets for a while, possibly throughout 2007.

Didn't we have this with PC Keyboards in years gone by. We simply had to have flat, zero-profile keyboards until someone said ..... "Hang on a minnit, what about tactile feedback?" when they realised that the operators of these had no sensation of using the actual keys. I feel rather like that when I play around with a RAZR - it just feels all sort of ...... "dead flesh" ......

For my part I like to feel a key profile and I like to feel it "click" under my finger when I press it!

Yssybyl
8th January 2007, 12:56 PM
I saw the closed thumbnail of the N76 first while reading through the post and thought "ooh, that's quite nice" - stylish but not overbearing.

then I saw the open shots and "yuk". WHy couldn't they have made it a little thicker and put a proper keyboard in...?

I know I've been out of the place for over a year now, but part of me wonders whether this was rushed through to compete with the Razr, which has done rather well.