View Full Version : Ciphering problem in V630i

pvnaraya
8th January 2007, 08:29 AM
Hello,

I got a Sony Ericsson V630i from Vodafone Ireland. I got the mobile unlocked from Vodafone network by getting UNLOCK code from Vodafone itself. Right now I am in INDIA and using my mobile with AIRTEL,Chennai,INDIA. With the local SIM whenever I am making/receiving calls its displaying the following message.

Ciphering not provided by Operator. Insecure Transmission.

I went back to AIRTEL for fixing this bug and they told me that they have resetted by profile and I had to re-start my mobile. I tried all these but the same problem persists. Moreover I made a master reset to clear all the settings but it also doesnt help me.

Can anybody help me in Switching OFF cephering in my V630i mobile.

KR,
Narayanan.

3g-g
8th January 2007, 04:16 PM
As far as I'm aware you can't turn ciphering off, on your mobile at least, it's required to authenticate you onto the network, it's the algorithm that is passed between you and the network stored on your SIM card specifically. From that message it's as if AIRTEL aren't using it, which would make their network insecure. Do you get the same message in another handset, are you able to try?

pvnaraya
10th January 2007, 04:33 AM
Hello,

The problem is w.r.t to V630i handset( may be its a new & also 3G set). I dont have any problem when I use the same SIM card in my old Siemens A60 mobile. Moreover I tried someother SIM cards( belonging to other operators like BSNL , AIRCELL) and I dont face any problems.

KR,
Narayanan.