View Full Version : Vodafone on the ball!!

3GScottishUser
10th January 2007, 08:27 PM
I got a call on my mobile from Vodafone today.

Nice guy who enquired if I was aware that my contract was about to expire and that as a 'valued customer' he could offer me a deal to keep me as a Vodafone customer.

If I keep my phone and agree to a further 12 month contract they will credit my account with £100 (4 months line rental) or if I want can get a free upgrade to just about anything I want subject to an 18 month commitment.

I am finding it really hard to leave Vodafone for four reasons. Stop the Clock calls to mobiles are unbeatable value, Passport is unbeatable abroad when travelling, I get data included in my bundle and can use the phone as a modem for occasional Internet access when I have no network coverage, and my job relies on number continuity. Keeping the Vodafone contract for another year would cost £200 but that could easily be lost in terms of work if I cancelled the contract and using Orange abroad and for data could also make a huge difference.

Swithering, but I think if Vodafone up the offer by £25 I will stay, their customer service is 2nd to none and I really like the way they took the initiatve to contact me. They really make a customer feel wanted and even take the time to ask if its convienient to discuss things and arrange a call back if not.

Vodafone makes it hard to leave their network....

miffed
10th January 2007, 09:21 PM
LOL ! This makes me feel like some kind of "anti vodafone" troll ! but I have had just the opposite experience this very evening (as usual)

Phoned up to cancel my Contract (expires next month )

On hold for FORTY MINUTES !!!! .... forty minutes of relaxing music ? nah .... forty minutes of "white noise" , which would turn into music for a few seconds then back to mush ( anyone else get this ? I get it whenever I ring CS )

Then a lad answers the phone and announces himself as retentions , He asks me why I want to leave and says "What if I give you a better phone free and cut your line rental down ? - " Sure , what can you offer me" ..... Back on hold for 15 minutes , then comes back with " Is there Particular phone you are interested in ? " - so I told him I'd like an M600i ... He then tells me it'll cost me £90 and my line rental would have to go up to £20 ( an 150% increase on the £8 per month I am paying now as compensation for vodafones ineptness )

"....... Right , you were saying someting about a FREE phone and LESS line rental ? "

"Yes , that is a very good deal ... if you ..." INTERUPTS " Can you just terminate my contract then pleae ? "
" OK , we need you to put that in writing , then we will cancel it straight away "

:rolleyes: Hmm , last time I sent anything to vodafone it was only after 5 weeks and numerous calls to CS that they were able to confirm they got it ( a returned phone which the Tracking number showed as being delivered the day after I posted it )

So looks like I'll be stuck with this contract for life ! theyll ignore the letter , or deny receiving it & I'll have absolutely no way out of the contract !

Great :( :( :(

Why do they treat me like crap and the rest of you like royalty ? is it some secret "backslapping" club or something ?

Hands0n
10th January 2007, 09:32 PM
Ooops! He's sussed us Ben :D

I have just had an equally helpful session with Vodafone CS this evening.

You may recall that my daughter had her phone nicked. Voda cancelled it immediately when I called and said they'd arrange for a replacement SIM. I called back 24 hours later and they had not ordered the SIM! Grrrr. So I asked the pleasant man to sort it out for me pronto-like, which he did while I waited on the phone (less than 5 mins, no music).

Two days later the SIM arrived. I called Vodafone back and within a few moments of navigating the menu system got into a queue for the CS, music accompanied it for only a few seconds and then a CS answered. I explained that I had the new SIM and the CS took the huge great long number from it, tapped it into the computer and asked me to pop it into a phone and try it out. After a few minutes of the phone trying to register the SIM I got a success, all five bars of signal, 3G and calls to/from it working correctly.

Marvelous, what more could anyone want. Effortless, Efficient and Effective. Now those are the only E's that I am interested in :D

3GScottishUser
11th January 2007, 10:17 PM
I feel like royalty as the Vodafone Customer Service Rep called me back as promised the next day on my mobile to try and close the deal. I was busy and the polite chap asked when it would be convienient to call back. I said Friday afternoon and I will be astonished if I dont hear from him then.

Gonna try and get another free month to clinch the deal, if they agree to that I think I'll be tempted to remain a Vodafone customer. Service like theirs is a real gem in this throwaway, easy come, easy go world.

miffed
11th January 2007, 10:22 PM
I feel like royalty as the Vodafone Customer Service Rep called me back as promised the next day on my mobile to try and close the deal. I was busy and the polite chap asked when it would be convienient to call back. I said Friday afternoon and I will be astonished if I dont hear from him then.

Gonna try and get another free month to clinch the deal, if they agree to that I think I'll be tempted to remain a Vodafone customer. Service like theirs is a real gem in this throwaway, easy come, easy go world.

Do us a favour mate - put in a good word for me if you can when he calls back :o

Hands0n
11th January 2007, 11:02 PM
Do us a favour mate - put in a good word for me if you can when he calls back :o

Jeez! What on Earth did you do to pi55 them off in the first place :D I'll bet your account is flagged something like "Easy to wind up" or summat LOL :p

3GScottishUser
16th January 2007, 03:50 PM
I have been playing Vodafone at their game for a few days and they don't give up easily.

I told them I already had another contract deal but would maybe keep their phone on PAYG and they asked if they could call me back again with an improved offer.

I had a think about what I needed and as the number is one which I use for gaining work the total annual cost could be justified with just 1 + 1/2 days work!! Add to this the Stop the Clock convienience for X/net calls, Passport coverage in every EU country and my inclusive £14 data allowance that I can use for modem access or texts and there are some compelling reasons to remain with Vodafone on the contract.

After some pencil sharpening Vodafone got to within about 50p a month of my preferred spend limit. So now I get 9 months 1/2 price on a 12 month contract extension (keeping the same handset as it's fine). Relaibility and customer service has been fantastic over the 18 months too so more than comfortable with the product.

One has to hand it to Vodafone they are pro-active and really put a lot of effort into retention and in my case came up with a suitable deal to keep their customer. Even better there is no redepmtion, I get the same quality service and pay a lot less.... delighted!!

Now how am I going to make use of all those texts and x/net minutes on 2 contracts???

Gonna have to try!!