View Full Version : Voda Family

fireballxl5
11th January 2007, 09:54 AM
It appears that atleast one of my "freinds" is being charged for all there calls to me (group owner) yesterday it use all her voice mins and most of her credit, not sure if im alone in this, tho worth checking b4 voda "takes" all your credit :mad:
I then have to find out what will they do as im not able to get "full" value out of my service that i've paid for..... as we cant use the service at the mo.

Hands0n
11th January 2007, 10:57 AM
Take it up with Vodafone Customer Service in the first instance - mainly to get the financial remedy sorted out. Clearly you are not getting your £5 value as the Family Group Manager. Likewise for the Family Group Member who is being charged, there should be a recompense for that.

Next, I reckon that Vodafone will suggest you re-establish your group members (BTW, is the one being charged still in the group or have they fallen off? - that happened to me a few weeks back, the entire group fell out of the system and I had to put it back again).

Get the Family Member who was being charged to check back on her SMS text messages, see if a text was received that said they were no longer a Family Group member. When my group disappeared all the members got a text saying that they were not in the group and that calls would subsequently be charged for! At least I got warned!

Do let us know what happens.

fireballxl5
11th January 2007, 12:27 PM
I've checked online and all my "group" still show so they have now deleted or dropped off and the only txt she got was one welcome her to the "family" of free unlimited calls lol.....

Customer Services seem unable or not prepared to sort any financial bits out for either of us, the cs agent did nt seem to understand why i was feeling "cheesed" off when i said i was anble to now call he said just top up and keep a check of what you spend, so that would be for me and all my members !!! dont think so "wake up voda" :(

faza20
11th January 2007, 05:47 PM
Hi Fireballxl5

Sorry about the problems you've had with friends and family, and the problems you've had so far getting the refund for the incorrect charges.

Vodafone engineers are aware of problems with people within a group getting charged for calling the group leader, and when you called in, you should have been advised of this as it is on various internal websites so all parts of Customer Services can view it.

If your friend still has not been refunded, if you or your friend go to www.vodafone.co.uk, then contact us, you can send us an email directly. If you indude FIT135, it will be picked up by a team who monitor the public forums (if you email in, please include your friends mobile number, as that will be the 1 that gets refunded).
We can then action a refund, and also attach the details to the existing fault log.

Hands0n
11th January 2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks to faza20 for the splendid advice that I hope fireballxl5 follows and reports back on. If there is a genuine fault the Customer should not have to pay for it.

His experience with CS is not untypical, but to balance this there have been superb CS agents on the other end of the line when I have called. These have been entirely helpful and, more importantly, successful in resolving the issues. It does seem to be entirely down to luck whether or not you get a diligent CS member. But that could also be said of any industry.

There are few CS operations that are very generally of extremely poor quality. I do think that Vodafone's scores highly in the ratings for quality and helpfulness. It is, perhaps, that they are less scripted and have a better knowledge and licence to assist than some mobile network operator CS centres.

fireballxl5
15th January 2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks faza20, have emailed and got a positive reply, and await her credits :)
also would agree with HandsOn some off the CS at voda are great and very helpful but like all CS issues only ever moan about the bad and not "shout" about the many good that voda employ

Hands0n
15th January 2007, 11:28 AM
:) - well don't forget to email a "Thanks" when you get it all resolved then :D I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

fireballxl5
24th January 2007, 06:13 PM
well it was all going so well, lol.
voda contacted my friend and left a voicemail telling her they had credited £1.19 (but did'nt add it to her credit :o) and failed to address or credit the lossed voice mins she lossed before it took her last few pence. she called them but the cs failed to grasp the issue so has now given up so voda win this one i guess.

Ben
24th January 2007, 06:27 PM
When I called the Vodafone Business line today there was an announcement about Vodafone Family... now if they're putting the announcement on their business customer line the issues must be far-reaching.

fireballxl5
24th January 2007, 08:01 PM
oh thats interesting then, but most of the c/s either dont know about the issue or atleast let on about it, on this one its just the frustration not the £ they seem unable to grasp the concept that when it wasnt working it took the voice mins before the calling credit, and then failed to add the credit they said they would. ill call and listen to the message i think.

Ben
25th January 2007, 04:27 PM
The announcement says queries regarding Vodafone Family should be directed to 34444 from your handset.

maxspank
25th January 2007, 10:33 PM
grrr vodafone family. Such a brill idea, so many things going wrong! tHere's atleast 4 different vodafone family issuies listed on vodafone's internal noticeboard. i'm surprised the network hasn't exploded!

Hands0n
25th January 2007, 11:31 PM
This is a shame really, especially as it has been so widely advertised by poster ads and suchlike. I find a number of people simply don't understand what its about, but once explained they get all jiggly and want to sign up right away.

One hopes that Vodafone will fix the problems and not let it fade away and die! Also that Vodafone properly appraises its CS teams to ensure that the Customer experience is not sullied.

Point of note; we have not experienced any problems with Family as far as we know ........ so far ..... save for one instance where the group fell apart and I had to re-assemble it myself. Grrrrrrrrrrrr . But at least all the members got a text message saying that they were no longer members of the group!

fireballxl5
27th January 2007, 09:02 PM
well after a "rocky" start and a miss routed email once again "faza20" has come up the the goods and sorted the problem, so a BIG THANK YOU FAZA this shows the power of this great forum good job guys......:) and to all the good guys and girls at Voda UK