View Full Version : Vodafone Live! - Chargeable from March

maxspank
11th January 2007, 11:24 PM
I only heard this today but from March, Vodafone Live won't be free anymore. Not to woory though, Data Bundles will be launched at the same time! Watch this space.

Hands0n
11th January 2007, 11:34 PM
Booo .. Hissss ..... WTF are Vodafone playing at? Noone should be charged to view the home portal! Grrrrrrrrrrr

Oh well, the Vodafone giveth, and the Vodafone taketh away!

Ben
12th January 2007, 10:41 AM
Suicidal news if true, but it'll all depend on the data bundles. If they're Web n Walk style, which, lets face it, would mark a giganormous shift in Vodafone's pricing strategy, where a low fee gets 'unlimited' on-mobile usage then hurrah. Otherwise I'm with the boo hiss.

I'll also be wanting some changes to my SIM Only tariff. First they took my MMS away, and now they're going to be making data a separate add-on. Hmm!

whatleydude
12th January 2007, 12:50 PM
VF have been mooting unlimited data bundles for months now...
Could this finally be what they're aiming for?!

miffed
12th January 2007, 12:57 PM
I guess they'd HAVE to be implementing a flat rate data deal to make this move

3GScottishUser
12th January 2007, 06:01 PM
I hope Vodafone always offer some free Live! access but I would be happy to pay a flat rate for access rather than the ragbag nonsense they have now. Subscribe to this, that and the next thing..... no thanks.... One payment for the lot or ignore everything that costs extra is my policy. Not what Vodafone or their content providers want but it's what I expect and it's up to them to share a little of something or all of nothing and I suspect most customers think likewise, hense the immenent change.

Bring it on....

Hands0n
12th January 2007, 06:11 PM
Vodafone (as do the others) have to respond to T-Mobile's Web N Walk or leave the playing field to the latter. I'm intrigued with what Vodafone have up their sleeve. I do like their network coverage very much, 3G is superb, and to anticipate HSDPA over that level of coverage is exciting.

Chargeable Vodafone Live! - a death knell for anyone who does not subscribe to Data. I can't help feeling that it is somewhat folly to cover up their shopfront window!

crowfield99
28th January 2007, 01:08 PM
I have just joined Vodafone and I know live! was only free for so long, but they have extended the dates of this etc and looks like they are coming to the end in March (OK)

I've been given the Mobile TV free for a month then at £10 a month, and to get to that I have to go through Vodafone live!....

I'm sure if people have to pay extra to view Vodafone live! to get to the extras etc then they may well cancel the service?

I thought that offering Vodafone live! for free was one of the best things Vodafone did - Great to get people to buy the extras like Tones, Music, Pictures etc.

Ben
28th January 2007, 01:53 PM
I actually forgot I was still subscribed to Mobile TV. I'll cancel that now.