View Full Version : Dragging their feet.....

3GScottishUser
13th January 2007, 08:06 PM
OK the tariffs are fabulous value and the PAYG is about as compeditive as you get, simple too but where are the T-Mobile enhanced services?

T-Mobile still have no Mobile TV, nor do they have any converged services.

I'm sure Flext and Everyone will have made them lots of new friends but they will only keep folks happy if they have a similar range of services to other networks..... ???

Have T-Mobile deliberately decided to ignore the added value services and concentrate on value for money propositions for basic mobile functions?

Looks like it and with their spectacular growth in 2006 it's hard to say anything negative about their strategy.

Hands0n
13th January 2007, 10:05 PM
The thing is ........... do the punters really want what the mobile network marketeers tell them they want? I don't think so, given various straw polls of my friends, family and associates. I don't know many who want more than to make a call, send a text and very occasionally a picture message. Even mobile data is an anathema to most of them, if not all!! Its not that I hang around with HillBillies LOL, these are just ordinary folk who see the mobile handset as a "Mobile Phone" and not really much else. Even the Cameraphones are mostly used to capture those little moments, but not for much else.

Noone can argue with T-Mobile's success with Flext and it seems to be repeating itself with Everyone on PAYG.

I'd like to see T-Mobile press on with their Mobile Internet propositions, this is something that I believe the ordinary punter will be able to identify with. But it has to be flexible to accommodate not only the "smartphone" handset but allow laptop/pda use to even greater extent.

Dragging their feet? I rather think a deliberate staying away from the party table. Let the other chickens run around scratching for new ideas, all the while building on its own core strengths. Could be ......

miffed
14th January 2007, 09:14 AM
I agree , I think T-mobile are/were taking advantage of being the only flat rate provider and basically saying " Heres your data - Do what you like with it ! "

I think now that Three have sort of jumped on the bandwagon, and also Vodafone are rumoured to have something in the pipeline - then T-mobile will look to add some bits like TV as they will need a new "edge" on the others

Mobile TV is something that I have been waiting for - I have waited long enough for the providers to give us something good , so theyve had their chance now - I am going to provide my own soloution

1- Upgrade to W&W plus to permint Video streaming

2- Get a Freeview stick for the iMac ( running in XP )

3- Watch my freeview content on my e61 (or maybe my iPhone :) )via Orb ( or if , if a slingplayer soloution comes up - I may use a slingbox instead )

....There , that'll save them the bother

chagle
14th January 2007, 09:38 AM
I agree TM seem to be taking their time..

I have upgraded to WnW Plus .. now if only I could get a SlingPlayer for my N73 to work with my SlingBox!

PS - Slingboxes are awesome! Works perfectly remotely.. infact just the other day on my Laptop, I was in Sainsbury's carpark, using my N73 as a Bluetooth modem via TM WnW watching TV! (through my Slingbox)

But yes indeed it would be nice to have a solution on the handset itself!

Glen.

gorilla
18th January 2007, 12:29 PM
In my opinion the operators should concentrate on the network and let the enhanced services be developed by other companies. Calls, text, and data plans, that's the way forward. Not operator branded enhanced services. IMHO :D