View Full Version : O2's website scores the most hits

3GScottishUser
16th January 2007, 09:36 AM
Figures from Hitwise.

O2's website blitzed its competitors during December, according to online measurement company Hitwise.

Lined up against network rivals as well as other mobile retailers, O2's site got the most visits, receiving 21.96% market share.

It was closely followed by T-Mobile UK with 19.6%. Orange got 12.75% and Vodafone UK got 9.9% of all visits to mobile websites. The network with the least amount of visits was 3, which received 2.36% market share. Hitwise measures page views, rather than actual purchases.

Meanwhile The Carphone Warehouse's website held 15.98% market share compared to Phones 4u's 5.58%.

An O2 spokeswoman said: 'We are please that we held our position as market leader in the run-up to Christmas. It proves that we offer great value for money and an unbeatable customer experience.'

Overall the mobile websites in question saw little growth year on year, with visits up by 2% compared with December 2005.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/content/15535.asp?men=0&sub=1

solo12002
16th January 2007, 08:16 PM
" An O2 spokeswoman said: 'We are please that we held our position as market leader in the run-up to Christmas. It proves that we offer great value for money and an unbeatable customer experience."

Wow this sounds good. Ok my question how many hits turned in to buyers! I mean anyone can visit a web site, what was the rate of sales?

Hands0n
16th January 2007, 08:27 PM
I dunno about the hits being any kind of indicator, I'd look at churn stats.

We're (the Mrs) leaving O2 at the end of January through O2's absymal signal and call quality. 3G is a complete joke, no, hang on, "farce" would be a better word. I have to stand within 200M of a transmitter to get a 3G signal strong enough to allow the handset to drop out of 2G! We'd be better off with a pair of tin cans and a length of string!

2G is no better, audio quality is variable, signal availability is variable, overall feel of the network is variable......

I thought it was just me ..... then several others whom I associate with started reporting the same story.

We have tried discussing/corresponding with O2's CS about our 3G and 2G issues - I could probably not find a CS that could care less.

We've even abandoned all of the O2 PAYGs now - there is better out there. I am of the opinion that O2 are doing it only on their previous reputation. But that no longer stacks up against the competition in the UK.

So its goodbye O2 for us.

gorilla
18th January 2007, 12:14 PM
Are we sure people weren't looking for the support pages?