View Full Version : What's your Fave Symbian App or Add-on.

chagle
19th January 2007, 12:55 AM
Hi All,

Thought I'd start a thread to give ideas and get ideas...

Very please with my Nokia N73 - I love the idea of being able to really customise the handset with additional add-ons.

My fave at the moment is a small app called RemindMe..

I basically keeps reminding you every so often of unread email/SMS etc. etc. Samsung phones have this be default and I missed it in the Nokia.. and now I have the feature! :-)

http://www.mobifunsoft.com/RemindMe.html

What's your fave App/Add-on? :-)

Glen.

miffed
19th January 2007, 07:31 AM
Got to be "Mail for exchange"

Turned my nose up at the idea of Push mail to start with - but since using it my SPV m3100 and now on the E61 via mail for exchange , It ha become VERY useful
The problem I had before , was that if my PC was on - the "timed fetching" of email sometimes wouldn''t work because the mail client get the mail first and wipe it off the server ( i really did need things to be set up in this way - as If i specified everything be left on the server , then every time i connected i would get 300+ mails downloaded ! )
But now, I forward my Gmail account to my push account ( mail2web ) and the whole thing works so quckly it is unbelievable ! I can order something online and the confirmation mail will be on my e61 before I close the browser down ! - I have even had a couple of times when the mail hits my phone about 30 seconds before it is visable on Gmail ! ( don't know HOW that works as the mail HAS to go through Gmail to get to my phone )

whatleydude
22nd January 2007, 05:21 PM
I've got several..
Is that allowed?

Mobizines, Agile Messenger & Yahoo Go.

All three I just can't be without!

Ben
22nd January 2007, 06:35 PM
My favourite is probably MSN/Live for Symbian. Just runs so nicely. Plenty of room for improvement, but great for IM on the move.
Available on mess.be under MSN Clients, 3rd page.

chagle
22nd January 2007, 10:32 PM
I've got several..
Is that allowed?

Mobizines, Agile Messenger & Yahoo Go.

All three I just can't be without!

What's Yahoo Go. All about? The 3 Network have this on their handsets don't they?

Glen.

gorilla
24th January 2007, 11:24 PM
I like mobireader and handy expense.

solo12002
4th February 2007, 02:46 PM
"" I forward my Gmail account to my push account ( mail2web ) and the whole thing works so quckly it is unbelievable "

So how does this work and how much does it cost? I take it your data access is over whatever cost there is, i use yahoo, would it work?

miffed
4th February 2007, 03:39 PM
Well the Mail2web live account is free, as is the Gmail account (gmail has a forwarding option)
So the only cost is the data cost - and being in T-mobile Web'n'walk , I pay no extra for that
not sure if Yahoo offer the option to forward mail , if you can then you'd just need to set up a mail2web live account and pay the cost of the data transfer

smartphonedoctor
22nd March 2007, 12:09 PM
Route 66 Sat Nav. Great App.

whatleydude
22nd March 2007, 03:57 PM
What's Yahoo Go. All about? The 3 Network have this on their handsets don't they?

Glen.

Basically lets you sync everything you do on your yahoo account with your phone.

Mail/Calendar/Photos etc...

Love it.

stuartturrell
16th April 2007, 01:05 PM
s60 internet radio, can do without that app.

Also, mobizines i am trialing at the moment, looks liek it will be another good app to have!

Was thinking about getting IM+ but dont want to pay for a feature i wouldnt use all that often.

Hands0n
19th May 2007, 04:15 PM
Screenshot for Symbian S60 - free and get it from here http://www.antonypranata.com/screenshot/

Be sure you get the correct version (Generation) for your handset - they are different. But its all clear enough on the website.

How cool is that then? :D

getti
19th May 2007, 10:28 PM
Mobizines is ALWAYS the first program i install. Just got a SE P990 im using on 3 now and have installed on that :)

@NickyColman
9th July 2007, 09:14 PM
Jaiku!! Jaiku!! Jaiku!!

Its a brilliant app for the phone! It integrates with your handset and allows you to see exactly what all your contacts are doing and where they are! Shame the handsets dont do this by default!

@NickyColman
15th July 2007, 10:29 AM
Just a quick update. . . . I uninstalled the Jaiku software after a day because it ate my N95's battery life.

A quick example; i took the phone off charge at 8 in the morning (Jaiku was already connected and running). By half nine after sending one text the battery life had gone down by one bar.

Disgusted to say the least lol.

Unfortunately, Jaiku software is just not compelling enough to forfeit battery life on an already strained handset!

Ben
15th July 2007, 11:34 AM
Does it use the data connection constantly when open? Unfortunately there seems to be massive inefficiencies in maintaining data connections on mobile handsets at the moment :(

I can only hope that far more power-saving solutions for keeping mobile Internet connections 'always-on' emerge in the near future as battery life is rapidly becoming one of the most limiting factors surrounding the mobile web.

solo12002
15th July 2007, 01:41 PM
getti

"Mobizines is ALWAYS the first program i install. Just got a SE P990 im using on 3 now and have installed on that"

Ok enlighten me what does this programme do? How many mobiles do you have and why do you use the SEP 990?

hecatae
15th July 2007, 07:23 PM
hourpower is great, press button and it tells you the time.

@NickyColman
25th July 2007, 05:53 PM
I've just downloaded the new Windows Live Messenger for S60 handsets and its bloody class! Dead reliable and stable! It gives you the full functionality of a normal IM client but in a mobile form!

http://dshandberg.net/blog/2007/07/02/free-windows-live-suite-for-your-nokia-phone/

Follow the following link to download.

NB There is two installation files, make sure you install the file named DEP.sisx first! (its the one that integrates Windows Live Mail into your handset)

Enjoy!! :D

whatleydude
26th July 2007, 10:36 AM
Give me Agile any day... not freeware admittedly.. but I prefer it.

Ben
26th July 2007, 01:27 PM
Agile actually does my nut in. Still, at least it didn't incessantly disconnect the last time I used it. I found the last version of MSN for mobile's really good, but it wasn't good enough to win me over to mobile IM. That, and the small matter of a zillion people bombarding me with messages every time I log in - something that's hard enough to deal with on the big screen, yet alone a tiny one.

I think what we need is a genuine presence system that works with your phonebook to show you who's online and who isn't. Then, you could PTT folks who are online, or send them an IM. It'd all take so much co-operation and integration, but how else are the networks going to encourage rabid data usage?

Gagz
13th September 2007, 08:51 PM
Picodrive is ace if you love your retro games, just found the dam thing about 4/5days ago for my N95 and its ace. Got streets of rage 1,2,3 + sonic 1,2 on my phone now lol, i loved my sega megadrive

gorilla
29th October 2007, 03:23 PM
Active Notes (http://news.mobile9.com/s60apps/2007/10/19/active-notes-not-just-for-the-e90-anymore/) for S60v3 is now available. With this handy app you can you can embed images, sounds, videos, contact cards, Web bookmarks and files/documents as well as standard text.

This was originally on the E90 but I've it installed on my N95. I previously used the notes app quite regularly so I'm sure this 'upgraded' version will be pretty handy.

gorilla
12th November 2007, 08:10 PM
I've installed the latest version of opera mini (http://www.operamini.com/), number 4. It's been in beta for a while and is worth the upgrade.

The Mullet of G
17th November 2007, 12:24 PM
I have a few fav apps, Opera full version not mini, Profimail, X-plore, Divx, RotateMe v2.0, SymTorrent all spring to mind, oh and lightsabre is kinda cool if your a Starwars fan lol. :D

Ben
17th November 2007, 01:09 PM
Mhm, ok, finally revisiting the full version of Opera. Mixed feelings... it makes things look ugly, but it's also quite functional. It possibly handles my webmail better than the Nokia browser... will see out the trial I think.