View Full Version : 3G Data: Out of contract bargaining

Ben
24th January 2007, 12:41 PM
Hmm.

So I've been out of contract on Vodafone 3G unlimited for a couple of months now. I called up to see what my custom is worth, and was offered £100 onto my next bill and 4 months half price on a new 12 month contract. I get that at a monthly cost of £35.73, down from over £52, over the period.

What do we all think? I'd rather just have the price dropped permanently to £35 than money back and HPLR (I've never bought into anything like that).

All bargaining advice gratefully received :p At the end of the day, I do want to stick with Vodafone.

Hands0n
24th January 2007, 09:58 PM
Voda do seem to be keen to keep their Customers (are you listening 3?). But they do it in a rather cranky manner, not always obvious or easy to understand. But at the end of the day ...... £35.73 down from £52 is not to be sniffed at :D

gorilla
24th January 2007, 11:18 PM
When I was leaving Voda last year they matched their competitors tariffs but would not budge on the price of the handset, hence why I left. I've always found them hard to deal with, although I was never a big spender with them. What about getting them to throw a handset in and flog it on ebay? You could always ask them to just charge you £35 a month for your current deal. They can only say no. :D

Ben
25th January 2007, 04:26 PM
Hmm they're not shifting. Tried £35/mo, then got someone to go through to another department about matching Web n Walk Pro. Both times I was told that the retention package is generated by 'the computer' ;) Mhm, I'm torn. I want the money off, but I don't want to throw myself in for another 12 months with things changing so quickly and while still without Voda HSDPA here.

miffed
25th January 2007, 06:12 PM
Hmm they're not shifting. Tried £35/mo, then got someone to go through to another department about matching Web n Walk Pro. Both times I was told that the retention package is generated by 'the computer' ;) Mhm, I'm torn. I want the money off, but I don't want to throw myself in for another 12 months with things changing so quickly and while still without Voda HSDPA here.

.....And meanwhile .... T-mobile are offering oodles of HSDPA virtually everywhere .... at a good price too !

Go on ! you know you want to !

Ben
25th January 2007, 06:22 PM
But I love the Voda 3G Router! While it might well accept a T-Mobile card if I use the rumoured Australian firmware, I love it too much to play :(

I think I'm going to have to sit on my hands and wait for another month or two, see if we get any movement as The Summer of HSDPA approaches.