PDA

View Full Version : need settings for 3 , gprs / mms etc

luke_wh
25th April 2005, 01:53 AM
Hi

I was wandering if you can help me . I have a Sony Ericsson Z800 ( its a V800 but i have upgraded the software to the new Z800 via flash files etc etc ) . The phone works perfect with most 3g settings such a vodafone or orange . I have recently bought a £ pay as you go sim card and wish to use it in the sony ericsson . :) Everything works fine, i can make and recieve calls , txt but no 3g services .
Do you have the manual settings for 3 for mms and gprs as well as video calling ? i have the knowledge on how to input them into the phone but i just dont have them or know how to get them with out actually buying a 3 handset .

Any information would be great ,

Martin3G
25th April 2005, 09:39 AM
I did a bit of digging and I think this is what you are looking for :)

homepage http://mobile.three.co.uk/hb/lg/HutchKey

Internet:
APN: three.co.uk

MMS:
APN: three.co.uk
Proxy IP 1: 217.171.129.2
Port 1: 8799
MMSC: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc

toonfan
22nd February 2006, 02:11 PM
Hi

I was wandering if you can help me . I have a Sony Ericsson Z800 ( its a V800 but i have upgraded the software to the new Z800 via flash files etc etc ) . The phone works perfect with most 3g settings such a vodafone or orange . I have recently bought a £ pay as you go sim card and wish to use it in the sony ericsson . :) Everything works fine, i can make and recieve calls , txt but no 3g services .
Do you have the manual settings for 3 for mms and gprs as well as video calling ? i have the knowledge on how to input them into the phone but i just dont have them or know how to get them with out actually buying a 3 handset .

Any information would be great ,
Hi
i have the same trouble i have a motorola v3x on 3, i need the settings also and a guide how to enter them can you help please

thanks

toonfan
22nd February 2006, 03:01 PM
Hello

Does anybody out there have a motorola v3x on the 3 network?

if so could you post the browser settings for me please, i got my phone debranded now i cant access the 3 network browser as all the settings have dissapeared.

please please help

thanks in advance.:)

Hands0n
22nd February 2006, 04:56 PM
@toonfan - Have a read through this old posting https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=857

You will need to pick the bones out of it to apply to the specific settings required by the V3x - but all that you need is in there with one exception.

3 use a specific homepage for each of their handsets, so for the V3 the "Browser" URL will be different to that in the above referenced post "http://mobile.three.co.uk/hb/lg/HutchKey". You may have some success playing around with the bit of the URL that says "lg" - try substituting v3x for instance (the URL for the Motorola E1000 is "e1000" so it may be as plain sailing as that).

If you do discover it, please share with us on here. Unfortunately I have not had hands on a v3x yet so cannot help much more than this.

HTH :)

getti
23rd February 2006, 10:09 AM
3 are a pain when it comes to settings on phones. I was sent a Nokia N90 which i am now reviewing and when i try to load the browser it comes up with a page saying something was wrong and to try again.

So then i enter the EXACT settings for MMS and it wont work. it keeps connecting but then wont send.

getti
23rd February 2006, 10:14 AM
Ignore my last post. I went onto the threrad that hands0n linked to last and entered the Proxy as text and it has now sent the MMS. Checked my email and its there all ready so i know MMS works

smart14
11th March 2006, 03:40 PM
hi,
im new in the forum,im having the same problem as Toonfan is having on my v3x on 3 network as i have debranded my phone few days ago...i have visited the thread given but it seems that the configuration for v3x is a bit more complicated than other 3g phones.below is the entry details need to be setup as shown in v3x websession,if someone can complete that,it will be great.....

Name:
Homepage:
service Type 1:
gateway ip 1:
port 1:
Domain 1:
DNS 1:
Timeout:15 minutes
CSD No. 1:
usename 1:
Password 1:
Speed(Bps) 1: 9600 (as shown)
Line Type 1:modem(as shown)
GPRS APN:
Username:
Password:

above is the Type 1 only,its still have Type 2 to be fill up.

can someone help on this...
ur help r very much appreciated....thanks!

Hands0n
11th March 2006, 04:06 PM
Hi There smart14 - welcome to Talk3g.

There are settings in the handset that simply do not need to be filled in so don't worry if you do not have all the info to correspond with each and every setting. Those in the link, although for an LG, will work for other handsets as it is limited info that is needed. I'll try and give you a starter here which has been lifted off a working Motorola A835 (checked against a Motorola E1000). What you may have to do is experiment a little with the Homepage URL - the "817" may need to be changed to v3 or v3x or somesuch, just tinker with it, or remove the number completely and see what you get.

-----------
Name: 3 (This should be set as the Default "Web Session" in your handset, most important!)
Homepage: http://mobile.three.co.uk/817/search
service Type 1: HTTP
gateway ip 1: 000.000.000.000
port 1: 8799
Domain 1:
DNS 1: 000.000.000.000
Timeout:15 minutes
CSD No. 1:
usename 1:
Password 1:
Speed(Bps) 1: 9600 (as shown)
Line Type 1:modem(as shown)
GPRS APN: three.co.uk
Username:
Password:
------------

The next thing you need to do is to create a set of settings called "3 mms" and for that you'll need to enter the following detail. (Blank where nothing or is shown) - don't worry if some of the "2" settings are not on your handset:

Name: 3 mms
Homepage
Gateway IP: 217.171.129.002
Port 1: 8799
Domain 1:
Service Type 1: HTTP
Gateway IP 2: 000.000.000.000
Port 2: 80
Domain 2:
Service Type 2: HTTP
DNS 1: 000.000.000.000
DNS 2: 000.000.000.000
Timeout: 15 minutes
CSD No 1:
User Name 1:
Password 1:
Speed (Bps) 1: 9600
Line Type 1: Modem
CSD No 2:
User Name 2:
Password 2:
Speed (Bps) 2: 9600
Line Type 2: Modem
GPRS APN: three.co.uk
User Name:
Password:

Give that a try and let us know how you get on. I do not have a V3x myself to try this out - but the 3 network settings will be the same with the exception (perhaps) of any URLs that seem to be keyed to the individual handset.

smart14
12th March 2006, 04:23 AM
hello!HandsOn,
thanks so much for ur help.....i follow the instruction given by u and eveything goes as plan and work perfectly...i now finally manage to browse the net and go to my 3 homepage.cheers! again many thanks!u really safe my day....n this forum is really informatic and useful...well done!
i have been quite frustrated ever since few days ago after got my v3x debranded and unlocked but found out that the browser didnt work.i did call 3 network service centre few times to seek their help but to my surprise and dissappointment they couldnt solve my problem and keep asking me to master reset my handset and finally ask me to visit 3 shop for my handset for repair.....i knew they r really talking rubbish and useless talk to them....the worst thing was they dont even know the web session settings when i ask for it....i couldnt believe they r so useless and yet acted like a professional......oh my goodness! since then i know i can never believe in them again n decided to seek help
in many forum and finally i got u here n problem was solved in just seconds after entering all the settings given by u....Cheers! again many thanks! im coming to the right place meeting the right person......hehe!

i have just try to send mms to my friend but unfortunately it didnt work...an error msg shown as the "browser setup is incomplete" ,i think perhaps the homepage coluum need to be filled up....can u help me further...thanks!appreciated that.....cheers!

Hands0n
12th March 2006, 09:00 AM
Hello smart14 - I am glad that you found the settings worked for you for browsing, thats really great :D :D

It is indeed unfortunate that 3 could not help you with the settings, as many of the other mobile operators have this information readily to hand, or are able to send them to you as one or more SMS handset updates. For all the advances that 3 have made it is in this specific area that they are truly lacking - but then their Customer Service operation is [and always has been] their weakest point, their Achilles heel. The response that you got [from 3's CS] was entirely predictable I much regret to say. That said, the upside is that it gives us on these forums something interesting to do from time to time LOL :)

Reading your reply I realised that there is some more info you need to enter into the handset to make the MMS work.

There is one further place that you need to go to and make sure that the MMS service names are properly applied - that is in the Messages menu as follows:-

Go to Messages, Press Menu, then Message Setup, then MMS Message Setup, then Server Info, then Change, Then select the Current Server to be "3 MMS" (the profile you just created/edited previously) - a tick should appear by the profile name. Then Press Menu, Edit, check that the Current Server info is as follows:

Service Name: 3 MMS (which it will be, this is the profile name)
Server Name: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
Web Session Name: 3 MMS

That should get MMS working for you - the two profiles that we created earlier are the basis for this last piece of information to work by.

Please let us know how you get on with these. Good luck :)

Edit: The above menu steps are taken from a Motorola E1000 - you may find that your V3x menus are slightly different, but I'm hoping that they are not too off for you to adapt to your specific handset.

smart14
12th March 2006, 04:10 PM
hi,HandsOn,
here im again....once again...i follow ur instruction given n now im able to send mms to my friend....it works really well in just seconds...wow! u r really helpful....many thanks again.....Cheers!
yes,i absolutely agree with u about the 3 customer service,they r so poor in technical aspect and i think they havent got enough training on that......

thanks again !

Hands0n
12th March 2006, 05:05 PM
You are very welcome, I'm pleased that you have got your V3x working 100% again in Debranded mode.

Tell your friends about Talk3G :)

toonfan
29th March 2006, 04:29 PM
Hi i see you have got your mms to work on the v3x.
i have tried and mine wont work can you tell me how you done it please.
many thanks
eric

Hands0n
29th March 2006, 06:42 PM
@toonfan - the above recent postings should get it all working for you. In particular you must use the exact Service and Web Session names that are defined in the MMS settings dialogue. Any changes or differences and it will not work properly, even if the browser and other stuff works. The names of each have to relate to eachother.

I suggest going over everthing posted in the above few which smart14 used to get his working and ensure that your settings and names match exactly.

aetherdryth
28th June 2011, 04:49 AM
From what I can see, it doesn't inspire much faith in calling the company to find out, so ill write somethin here. I have a ZTE F930, and all of the options that resemble things i read earlier in the post, the /hutchkey addresses etc, are all greyed and cant be edited for me. Basically, I constantly get 'Failed' when trying to send mms, and recieveing i get them about 3 days later, it says 'Retrieving' and then doesnt actually DO anything. Any help? Would greatly appreciate a CC to [email protected] (I suck at checking messageboards :()

hecatae
28th June 2011, 12:04 PM
wow this topic has not been touched for 5 years, let's see what we can do for you.

press release http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/magazine/mobileworld/2010/1_1/articles/201008/t20100810_188310.html

reading through a couple of posts on dc-unlocker and the settings are permanent.

are you a payg or contract customer?