View Full Version : Unlocking my 6280

miffed
1st February 2007, 08:25 PM
I am in the proccess of cancelling my Vodafone contract -which will leave me with a "surplas" handset , which , Ideally I'd like to use on a useful network (i.e Orange, o2 , Three , T-mobile , Virgin etc , anyone but Vodafone basically )

Now, This is not the phone that was suppled with my contract ! - It is/ was a PAYG phone , the original sim was never used at all -

What are my chances of Vodafone supplying me with the unlock code ?

My instinct tells me that as Vodafone CS get confused with the simplest of tasks -then something with a little twist like this is going to stump them completely

Anyone had any experience of this ?

3GScottishUser
1st February 2007, 10:31 PM
If you are out of contract then £15 or thereabouts should do the job.....

Then again with Passport, Stop the Clock, Free Weekends on PAYG and Family you really need to think carefully about shifting.

Moving to a Vodafone PAYG SIM is easy and only needs one call to Vodafone CS. The number etc remains the same.

Ben
1st February 2007, 10:53 PM
Believe me, for the sake of all mankind it's best that miffed leaves Vodafone ;)

You can try calling them, miffed, certainly. I got my Z1010 on Orange months ahead of the official 3G launch through a CS rep mistake. You can do it if you B&Q it. (wait, that last part isn't right)

miffed
2nd February 2007, 07:18 AM
Believe me, for the sake of all mankind it's best that miffed leaves Vodafone ;)

You can try calling them, miffed, certainly. I got my Z1010 on Orange months ahead of the official 3G launch through a CS rep mistake. You can do it if you B&Q it. (wait, that last part isn't right)

Yes , I think for everyones sanity that me and Vodafone have some "quality time" apart :)

Right , so I'll try B & Q first , and then ring CS as a last resort if I have no Joy :)