View Full Version : New tariff on Three.

a_ukboy
2nd February 2007, 02:23 PM
Three will launch a new tariff tomorrow (Sat 3rd Feb)

Its called Video Talk 500, 500 xnet anythime mins for £15 per month, 18 month contract only!!

Thats it, plain and simple.. Seems a strange name for a tariff that only offers talk time and nothing else, but good value ;)

Hands0n
2nd February 2007, 02:55 PM
Yea, why isn't it just called "Talk"? Where on Earth does the "Video" come into it? Can we next expect farm animals or suchlike? I actually wouldn't mind a contract that included Video (calling and content). I'll bet I'm not alone!

Digress.1
I had a call from 3's Indian CS Sales team yesterday trying to flog off an 18-month half price for life contract for £17.50pcm. I think it is their comparison to Web N Walk, but at half price for the full 18 months ....... Apparently I'm the valued kind of Customer they want back. So thats why they utterly pi55ed me off in the first place then! Something broke in that line of trading methinks.

Digress.2
I'm coming back to 3 the week, no, wait, the day, that 3 announce they are binning their Indican CS in favour of a UK-based one for its UK-based Customers. Until then 3 will have to operate sans' Hands0n :D

miffed
2nd February 2007, 03:44 PM
I recall the early Three contracts were called "Videotalk" (100 -500 & 750 ) yet the didn't include ANY Video calling whatsoever , Always thought that was a bit wierd too
just as well no one uses Video calling , otherwise I could see this luring people into trouble

solo12002
2nd February 2007, 04:34 PM
I wonder it this can only be used on video calling and not normal voice calls??

Ben
2nd February 2007, 05:13 PM
Hehe, no it's just voice afaik.

Certainly cheap. 500 xnet minutes at £15 is going to sound very attractive. However, pretty much everyone sends at least some text messages and such - so I'm not sure how successful it will be.

Crazy naming.

3GScottishUser
2nd February 2007, 07:14 PM
Good value - Yes but realistically it's nowhere near as good value as the Talker/Texter deals which can be had for £17.50/month with a pretty decent handset.

The video titling refers to the fact that you can get video not that it is included and a lot of good the inclusive videocalling allowance is anyway with a Nokia 6233!!

Poor 3, looking at the rapid growth announced by the big 4 they have little else to do but slash prices to attract some attention. Problem for 3 will be the believeability factor (It's so cheap there must be something wrong with it) and there are now so many dissapointed customers this factor could play a significant role. The other pobalem will be the increased credit score required to get on 3 and the mandatory direct debit which could be a difficulty for just the type of customers this deal could appeal to.

Sad really that 3 UK have decided to further reduce prices rather than improving their customer service and tryng to improve their poor reputation.

BTW: This is a limited period offer according to 3's website "Offer available on selected handsets until 28 February 2007 to new approved customers registering on the Video Talk 500 plan subject to an 18 month minimum term contract. Usual price is £25 per month and the promotional price of £15 per month is available as long as you stay on the promoted price plan."

getti
2nd February 2007, 09:26 PM
its on the sony z610 the k610 and the lg u400 for free.