View Full Version : Motorola V980 Handset Review

getti
25th April 2005, 03:13 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know a review on the Moto V980 has just been added to Today On 3G.

The review includes live pictures of the handset and sample pictures from the VGA camera.

Click Here (http://www.todayon3g.co.uk)

Ben
25th April 2005, 09:06 PM
Great stuff - I've added a V980 section. The Motorola subforum is packed with handset models... at least they're producing more mainstream equipment now that doesn't look like something from a Back to the Future movie.

TheBrit
25th April 2005, 11:23 PM
However the lack of interesting features was very disappointing and something I hope Motorola deal with in their budget models. Communications were a main factor as the V980 has no Infrared or Bluetooth so getting content off the phone is restricted to MMS, Email or by buying a data cable which is extra expense.That last bit is wrong. A data cable comes included in the box. ;)

Ben
25th April 2005, 11:49 PM
...as is that quote, Dan wrote the review - not me! ;)

I'm also assuming that there isn't a data cable in Dan's kit, which I assume is the official Vodafone packaging. Perhaps it has been lost along the way.

getti
26th April 2005, 12:18 AM
hmmmm il have to look into that, Then again thinking about it the box i got did not have the Transflash card or Manuals in either

TheBrit
26th April 2005, 12:31 PM
...as is that quote, Dan wrote the review - not me! ;)

I'm also assuming that there isn't a data cable in Dan's kit, which I assume is the official Vodafone packaging. Perhaps it has been lost along the way.My daughter got a V980 on prepay and the data cable was in the box, as was the 32mb Transflash and an SD adaptor for it.

getti
26th April 2005, 01:26 PM
I will correct that now. THe box i got was already open but this was not new, it was sent by a company who deal with PR for the network and it was a general review phone so the person who had before me must still have them

Jon3G
26th April 2005, 01:35 PM
How do u get hold of the phones to do the review?

getti
26th April 2005, 05:58 PM
I have made good contacts with people and just total luck. I dont always deal with the networks but most of the time a company who deals with advertising and press releases for them.

They email me with a timeframe I can have a handset depending on how popular it is and if we both agree within a few days it's at my door. Phones such as the V980 i could have for 3-4 weeks but the Sharp 902 is about 1 1/2 weeks max because they are in such high demand.

When the phone is here I can call, video call, text, MMS, browse and download as much as i want (Within reason of course) and then when the time is up, contact them and they send a courier to pick it up again.

Jon3G
26th April 2005, 06:00 PM
Excellent and great to hear that sort of thing happens

getti
26th April 2005, 06:09 PM
Yeh me too. Before i made the site i didnt know how to get phones. I thought maybe i had to go into say Vodafone and ask if i can play on a 902, take pics etc.. for a little while.

Nice this way as i can use all i want and really get a feel of the phone.

Jon3G
26th April 2005, 06:14 PM
I tried to contact Orange once and got know were

getti
26th April 2005, 06:16 PM
What were you after?

Jon3G
26th April 2005, 09:25 PM
a Z1010. I was going to Start a 3G review site

getti
28th April 2005, 03:50 PM
Cool. I have liked web design since I was about 18-19 and when I look back at my first site i am ashamed I made it LOL!!!

Then came the popular site BluejackAddict.co.uk which brought people from all ofer the world onto the site and forum to talk about bluejacking. At one time it was even getting more members in a set time than the original bluejack site, BluejackQ.

However a hacker got onto the forum and messed about and I was new to MySQL and didnt have a clue how to fix it. Add to that I was not interested in Bluejacking any more so I gave up with that and members moved on to make BluejackAddicts.com

I originally chose the name for the site 'Today On 3' and I even have the domain www.todayon3.co.uk all ready do use but I decided not too. Three can get VERY funny about copyright issues so to save any problems I added a G on the end making Today On 3G.