View Full Version : Three in "third party url" shocker!

miffed
25th April 2005, 03:54 PM
wap.monstermob.com

is this the shape of things to come ?

Hardly full access , but one step towards getting out of the garden i suppose

JB's Best Mate
25th April 2005, 07:23 PM
Indeed somebody seems to have stumbled across a trial site that Three are running at the moment in tandem with one of their content partners.

The site is still dedicated to 3 customers and is very much like the m-sites they already run.

It is indeed the 1st step towards more open access but with all this bad press at the moment about jamster and that bleeding frog , its probably not the best time to trumpet ring tone sites.

In fact suprised 3UK dont inform the world that they dont allow certain premium texts and seem to have no problem blocking them yet O2 etc claim it is so difficult.
:cool:

Ben
25th April 2005, 07:42 PM
lmao @ thread title!

One day they'll change that bloomin policy on net access. One day. Then I'll have to find something else to grumble about :D

Wrt blocking premium texts... most shortcodes are shared between a lot of different services and operated by reputable providers - I daresay it can be very difficult to pick up troublesome services and have them shut down or find a way to filter them. I guess Three's just choosy about what providers it works with, and that's not necessarily a good thing for the consumer... unless you're 8 and will text any old shortcode.

Jamster - argh! Major annoyingness :D