View Full Version : Samsung Phones on 3?

jclegs
13th February 2007, 12:44 AM
Hi

Anyone know of plans to bring Samsung phones out on 3 as I like the look of the Samsung U700 and my contact is up in three months.

Thanks

getti
13th February 2007, 10:05 AM
The Z150 could be due within the next few months

3GScottishUser
13th February 2007, 10:39 PM
The Z150 could be due within the next few months

Not sure what the above means......???

'could be due'??? So maybe??? Maybe Not??

It's a shame 3 UK have not bolstered their range with some Samsung products as some of their other European operatons have had them for some time now.

jclegs
14th February 2007, 10:28 AM
Would sending them (3) an email about it do any good?

Ben
14th February 2007, 11:08 AM
Probably not, customer services didn't used to be aware of new handsets until very shortly before they were launched. Retail staff are probably your best bet.

a_ukboy
14th February 2007, 12:10 PM
This website claims this Samsung as coming soon on its website, check it out..

http://www.mobiles.co.uk/samsung-z560i.html

3GScottishUser
14th February 2007, 12:34 PM
Interesting. 3 UK said some time last year that they would allow independent dealers distribute Samsung handsets but would not promote them themselves for some strange reason.

One has to be a bit cautious with some of these on-line sites as there is a lot of guesswork simply to entice customers to leave contact details etc.

It will be interesting to see if a Samsung handset actually makes it to 3 UK's line-up either officially, semi-officially or unofficially!! I'm not a betting man but I would not place money on it happening.

Hands0n
14th February 2007, 02:11 PM
The biggest problem with a non-3-approved handset is that their "support" for it is likely to be very very lacking. They are unlikely to have a portal homepage that quite suits the handset, and if they do it may not do all that a supported handset would.

Then there may be other issues such as MMS and GPRS settings not being available, and believe me there is no point asking their CS for help in such instances.

Stick with the official 3 handsets and, if you really want a Samsung, then go to another network provider.

jclegs
16th February 2007, 12:26 AM
So its just a case of wait and see. Would really like to see the samsung u700 on 3 but if it doesn't I will just have to jump ship to Vodafone/O2. Thanks for your help!