View Full Version : One last screw up from Vodafone ...

miffed
13th February 2007, 10:22 AM
Finally managed to get my Contract cancelled - the end of an era ! my absolute worst experience in a lifetime of mobile experiences is over at last !

Got my "final bill" through this morning -Great ! - the end is nigh
......but ... for some reason they have applied a "Payment adminstration charge" of £6 :(

I have no idea what this charge is for , and frankly I cannot be bothered to go through the lengthy proccess of getting it put right

Keep the £6 Vodafone , it'll be worth it to bee finally rid of you

All very sad - my former "Favourite network" are now ( IMO ) nothing more than a joke , and not even a funny one ! (actually both my 2 former favourites , Vodafone & Orange have both slumped to the bottom of my list

I will now dedicate my life to discouraging others from using this AWFUL company :p

EDIT - Had to ring up to pay the bill anyway, so I thought I'd ask what the £6 was for - Apparantly it is a charge for paying by any method other than DD - and very fair too I am sure you'll agree ,Paying a £6 charge for paying an £8 bill by credit card is a pleasure - especially considering the only reason I am NOT paying by DD is that Vodafone are seemingly unable to take the correct amount !! I AM SO GLAD I'LL NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THESE MUPPETS EVER AGAIN !!!

Ben
13th February 2007, 11:29 AM
Oh dear :p Well, I'm glad you're free - even if Vodafone did have to have the last laugh!

I think your experience serves as a reminder to us all that each of our experiences of exactly the same product/service can differ unimaginably.

Hands0n
13th February 2007, 08:49 PM
"Unimaginably" is a good choice of word Ben. Contrast my experience with Vodafone who have been all round exemplary. Not only in standard delivery but sorting out problems there and then on the phone. I think that I only once got a bit of a stroppy lady CS who I put straight using the best Queens English. She was probably having a bad day, but I didn't need her cr*p all over me and I told her so and in no uncertain terms. She apologised and got the job done to a cheery "good day to you" from me.

I cannot recommend Vodafone highly enough, generally. But I do entirely accept that others have had 180.deg different experiences.

I do think, Miffed, that you have had your account marked - its almost as if Vodafone have singled you out for a jolly good beating up :D I suppose that, at least, they have been consistent for you.

Muppets?? Now, don't you get me started on about 3 ...............

miffed
13th February 2007, 10:26 PM
LOL !

I may sound like I love to hate Voda - but I am actually heartbroken :(

up till very recently I ranked the networks

1) Vodafone
2) Orange
3) o2
4) T-mobile

then ... I dropped Vodafone favour of Orange - no particular reason - Orange simply offered a few more "benefits" - aound the same time Three appeared (They just fitted onto the list below T-mobile ! )

so my rankings changed to this

1) Orange
2) Voda
3) O2
4) T-mobile
5) 3

...... then, Orange changed a few things - so I switched to o2 who served me impeccabley (Free GPRS :D )

1) o2
2) Orange
3) Voda
4) T-mobile
5) 3

....and then o2 dropped the free GPRS , at the same time , T-mobile launched Web & Walk so -

1) T-mobile
2) o2
3) Orange
4) Voda
5) 3

I then took on some new contracts with Orange , and the ill fated one with Vodafone - Both these providers showed me poor CS , Vodas was worse though - Oranges was *OK* - but not the impressive CS that they showed me before - therefore

1) Tmobile
2) o2
3) 3
4) Orange
5) Vodafone

.....And that brings us up to date !

So now you have an insight into what is going on in my head , and how my "ranking system" has turned upside down over the last 5 years or so

I (honestly) am gutted ! -if I was asked to put my faith in two networks 5 years ago it would DEFINATELY been Voda & Orange - if you told me back then they would be bottom of my list, I probably would have laughed at you !