View Full Version : How do i cancel my contract (come to 18months)

Gagz
14th February 2007, 01:46 PM
Hello people :D

Ok 4weeks away from reaching the 18month of my Contract, i want to cancel my Vodafone Contract so obviously need to give them 30days notice. I rang them up and they told me to write to:

Disconnection Department
Vodafone Limited
PO Box 549
Banbury
OX17 3ZJ

So i will, just wondering what i need to write to them? Name, address etc? Just gimmy a little list :) I want to be put back onto PAYG too FYI. I wanted a awsome deal on the Nokia N95 lol they dont even know the prices or anything for it yet :( oh well. Yeh so any help you guys can give me would be cool, thanks.

Gagz

Ben
14th February 2007, 02:03 PM
If you cancel then you'll be disconnected. You should be able to call up and ask to be moved back to Pay as you Go. I don't see any reason why this can't happen on the day your contract ends.

I'd advise calling and checking whether you can just ring on the day your contract expires to migrate to PAYG, or whether you'll still need to put that in writing. If you do write to them, either to move to PAYG or to cancel the service, you'll need to include your name, address and mobile number.

Btw, you do know, I assume, that your contract does not automatically renew? Once you're out of your 18 months you can still stay on your price plan and cancel at any time (giving the relevant notice). So, if you wanted to hang on for an upgrade, you could - you wont be automatically tied in.

miffed
14th February 2007, 04:31 PM
Best of luck , you can count on all of us here at talk3g to help you through this difficult, difficult time

:)