View Full Version : New 3G Handsets on Vodafone

3GScottishUser
24th February 2007, 02:57 PM
Browsing around the Vodafone website I noticed the following additions to the range of handsets:

HP iPAQ HW6910 Windows Mobile Smartphone
Motorola MAXX 6
Nokia 7390
Nokia 6288
Samsung Z720
SonyEricsson W950i

All of the above are now available on contracts from the Vodafone on-line store.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?go=paymonthly.3gphones

Hands0n
24th February 2007, 07:27 PM
It is significant to point out that the Motorola MAXX V6 is also HSDPA compliant. Which is nice :)

Source URL: http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details.jsp?globalObjectId=163

the MOTORAZR maxx comes to life in your hand and is one of the smallest broadband phones available. But within its lean form lies revolutionary High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) and EDGE² (Enhanced Data for Global Evolution) wireless technology for unparalleled broadband-like speed and power, exceptional data capabilities, advanced imaging features, music functionality and ample memory for storing your favorite files. What’s more, the MOTORAZR maxx delivers seamless connectivity via Bluetooth™ wireless technology

and

Broadband in your Hand
The MOTORAZR maxx re-defines high-speed. Whether you’re lunching with friends, heading to the gym or working on the go, the MOTORAZR maxx puts broadband in your pocket via HSDPA and EDGE technology. At the flick of a button, experience the power of high-speed connectivity for two-way video calling at up to 15 frames per second², fast access to your email, Internet browsing and blazing-fast and over the air (OTA) music and video downloads of the latest entertainment and news². What’s more Bluetooth wireless Class 2 technology and OTA sync with your Bluetooth enabled PC eliminates the messy tangle of wires, delivering easy, seamless connections².

So I'll have one of those then :D

getti
24th February 2007, 07:39 PM
I used a Samsung Z720 for a few days. VERY nice slider phone

3GScottishUser
24th February 2007, 08:00 PM
Must admit I missed a few of the new phones listed above.

There are obviously more being added weekly now.. the pace of the introductions is getting faster and networks seem to put new exclusives etc on their sites without much of a fanfare now.

Just have to check more regularly I suppose to keep up to date!!

Ben
24th February 2007, 08:02 PM
3G handset launches used to be so significant because, lets face it, there didn't used to be many of them - it was practically an annual event.

These days 3G handsets are drifting in left right and centre, with most of them looking no different from their 2G brothers and sisters. Finally the networks must be adding a decent number of 3G subs, without having to give away the store.

Of course, it makes it hard to keep our categories up to date...

Hands0n
25th February 2007, 02:12 AM
Could probably do with a section dedicated to HSDPA, maybe? At least until that becomes de facto.