View Full Version : Unable to switch on

tomlee00
25th February 2007, 06:03 PM
Hi, can anyone help me urgently please. I cannot switch my phone on. yesterday i put a new battery in my phone (which was fully charged) and now the phone won't switch on. Ive tried all the various things on the sony ericsson website, including my old battery and a friends. I know its not the SIM card because it works on another phone. When you try to switch the phone on, nothing happens except a sequence of around 6 flashes on the irfared light on the side of the phone. Please help me as I have all my numbers stored on the phone and I need it urgently. Thanks

Hands0n
25th February 2007, 06:49 PM
Hi tomlee00

It could really be anything at all that has gone wrong. But hopefully nothing too serious. The 6 flashes on the infrared light may well be significant, but it would probably take someone who knows the internals in the handset (you do not say which it is .....).

I'd suggest trying the following; Replace with the original battery and connect the handset to the phone charger (a nice stable power supply to the handset). Only then try switching the phone back on. This may help just kick-start the phone back into action.

I'm a bit suspicious about the fully-charged new battery that you fitted yesterday. Was it a genuine part or a pattern part? If the latter it may well be that a bad voltage has been delivered which has done some damage - but hopefully this is not the case.

tomlee00
25th February 2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks for your responce. The phone is a K800i. I've tried putting the old battery in and putting the phone on charge but to no avail. The flashing on the infrared port doesnt flash when you try to turn it on whilst its on charge though. The new battery is a genuine sony ericsson and it worked previously when i tried it in the phone. I don't know what else to try before sending it back to the manufacturer. The infrared light still flashes when i try to turn it on. I desperately need the numbers off the phone. If you have any further suggestions please help me.

Ben
25th February 2007, 07:32 PM
Hey, welcome to Talk3G. Do you have a cable to connect it to your computer? If so, try turning it on and connecting it up to see if the computer can still interact with it. That could be the only way you can rescue your numbers if you don't have a backup.

If it's sent off for repair you may well get it back without your data!