View Full Version : 3 Scrapping £25 Admin Fee

getti
6th March 2007, 08:12 PM
Any new customers from March 1st are unable to downgrade their tariff at any time during their minimum term contract. They are able to move it up at any time and are allowed to change back to their original tariff for free.

For existing customers, they are able to change their tariff down at one stage at a time, or pay £25 to change to whatever tariff they want (there's no 6 month extention now). Not sure if you need to have your contract for a certain amount of time before doing this though.

Once you're past your minimum term, you are able to change to whatever tarif you want for free.

You're also able to change to a tariff of the same value at any time, but only once per month.

solo12002
6th March 2007, 09:18 PM
Well done three another step in the moving forward. I bet some of the others will follow. I like the idea of changing plans every month.
I think it will work for some who find their needs changing.

3GScottishUser
6th March 2007, 09:44 PM
So not really a great change. Most newer customers already have restictions re the length of time they have to remain on the original tariff and there is still a £25 fee to downgrade after that!!

End of the road for the mis-sellers if folks are forced to keep their tariff for the minimum period.

Clearer but not much better and the whole fee and downgrade nonsense has been a huge own goal for 3 UK struggling already to retain customers.

miffed
6th March 2007, 10:03 PM
Wish they'd keep the bloody goalposts still for a few seconds ! No wonder the poor customers get confused

Hands0n
6th March 2007, 10:06 PM
No wonder the poor customers get confused

Nah mate, the customers only get confused because, according to 3, they're the "wrong type". Ho well, won't be having to put up with them pesky customer thingies for very much longer, I suspect!

3GScottishUser
6th March 2007, 10:41 PM
I think 3 UK in a roundabout manner have admitted how wrong they got things previously. They certainly over reacted with the £25 nonsense but now they are trying again, probably having lost a lot of customers and this time make no mistake once you sign up for 12 or 18 months you wont get any cheap or quick exit.

No chance to try before you are committed either as one call or picture and your right to return under the 14 day trial (joke) dissapears.

Once upon a time 3 were the easiest company to get a contract from and easy and flexible to change things (if you could negotiate with the offshore operators), now its direct debit or nothing, no tariff changes, higher credit scoring and no trial period.

Hmmm.... one can see why this has developed but can also see how restrctive and dangerous this approach will be and it will probably produce another significant number of dissatisfied customers, for different reasons than the previous churners.

One step forward and two steps back!!

Ben
6th March 2007, 10:52 PM
Glad this is being scrapped - it was a big mistake from the start and a complete PR disaster.

3GScottishUser
6th March 2007, 11:15 PM
For existing customers, they are able to change their tariff down at one stage at a time, or pay £25 to change to whatever tariff they want (there's no 6 month extention now). Not sure if you need to have your contract for a certain amount of time before doing this though.

It's not really scrapped though..... only for new customers who now have no downgrade option whatsoever within their contract period!!!

The £25 charge still applies to existing customers according to the above.

So in reality the vast majority of 3 UK customers will still have to pay the £25 to downgrade if they are within the minimum contract period. Utterly silly to charge anyone outwith a contract as they would simply churn!!