View Full Version : Hutch faces 3 reckoning

3GScottishUser
20th March 2007, 10:41 AM
RESULTS from Hutchison Whampoa this Thursday are expected to show the scale of the turnround required at 3, the loss-making mobile-phone company, which has struggled with high levels of desertions among its 4m customers — “churn” was running at close to 50% at one point last year. Although the company is thought to have reduced churn in recent months, it is still coping with the legacy of past problems, such as poor customer service, sales controls and network performance. The weak performance in Britain required Hutchison to issue a profit warning for its mobile business last year.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/retailing/article1529996.ece

Hands0n
20th March 2007, 12:38 PM
......... legacy of past problems, such as poor customer service, .......

A legacy is something in the past that is still affecting the present. In 3's case their Customer Service (sic) is still the most awful operation of any of its peers and is an oft-cited cause of desertion by their customer base. In their short lifespan 3 have learned nothing, instead choosing to blame "the wrong type of customer".

It is a crying shame to see 3 suffer so much - but it is entirely at their own doing coupled with their inability and unwillingness to actually do something about it. A UK-based CS operation with skilled and empowered operatives would be responsible for salvaging 3's Customer Service reputation overnight. But they haven't got the wherewithall nor the savvy to actually work this little gem out for themselves.

Give me six unfettered months and I'd have their CS functioning to worldbeating standards of quality and efficiency.

Ben
20th March 2007, 01:38 PM
Well, I guess we've got something to look forward to this Thursday - it's always fun trying to pick through their statements, figuring out what the figures actually mean once the spin has been stripped out.

Dusty
31st March 2007, 08:50 PM
A UK-based CS operation with skilled and empowered operatives would be responsible for salvaging 3's Customer Service reputation overnight

Couldnt agree more!!!