View Full Version : Orange and Exchange

Yssybyl
23rd March 2007, 06:58 PM
hi

we're trying to get our Exchange server set up to push emails (blackberry style) onto our E61s and hitting a few issues. Orange haven't been able to provide much help as we've done everything that they've suggested. Before I waffle on about the problems - has anyone had any experience with this?

ta in advance...

Yss

Hands0n
23rd March 2007, 07:27 PM
Questions - Are you using Exchange to perform the actual push or is it a 3rd party app. For instance, with Blackberry you use BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) to dip into Exchange and it does the actual pushing. Has Nokia a similar mail transfer agent that does this for the E61 or perhaps are you even using BES to send to the E61 (they're supposed to be Blackberry compliant - I read somewehre).

I don't have practical experience of using BES, yet. I'm just about to start a new contract which will have me covered in Blackberry juice in no time!

Yssybyl
23rd March 2007, 07:55 PM
we're using exchange, which is supposed to be seamless... :confused:

Narrowing down the problem... if anyone finds this thread and has similar problems I've found the following on the nokia site helpful - we're working through the list of potential problems.

http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/board/message?board.id=messaging&message.id=1026

Just to docuemnt the problem... When trying to connect, the connection goes to "connected" briefly and then back to idle and I get a message saying "System error: try again later".

We are using security enabled and I suspect that it is a certificate issue. When I find the solution I'll report here as in my searchings I've discovered that a lot of people have this problem...

3g-g
23rd March 2007, 08:53 PM
I use Exchange via Orange every day, but it's Outlook, and Windows mobile, and probably on a Windows based server at that too.

The only problems I've ever encountered are password differences between Outlook and ActiveSync that have caused failures.

Are your GPRS connections working alright? Is it the same problem on more than one device?