View Full Version : inactive sim help!!!!!!

sam6001
25th March 2007, 11:55 AM
i bought a new sony ericsson k800i off a freind and it said inactive sim, i went into a shop and asked the man what was wrong and he said i needed a 3G sim card so i bought the simcard, it worked fine for a few hours and then it said inactive sim again what is wrong please help.!!!!

Ben
25th March 2007, 12:19 PM
Hello, welcome to Talk3G :)

This new SIM card has credit etc? Have you checked that it still works in other phones?

I think it sounds like there's something wrong with the K800i you've bought :(

3g-g
25th March 2007, 02:50 PM
Does the SIM move about in the handset, is it touching the SIM connections in the handset alright? Have you a different SIM to try in the k800 as well as trying your own SIM in other phones as Ben suggests?

getti
25th March 2007, 02:56 PM
What network is it?.... if it's Orange you have to phone up and get the SIM activated. Once you do that they give you a number and the phone will work

3g-g
25th March 2007, 03:34 PM
What network is it?.... if it's Orange you have to phone up and get the SIM activated. Once you do that they give you a number and the phone will work

Orange SIMs come pre-activated now, on both PAYM and PAYG. They'll attach to the network and display the logo, you just need the bar lifted, on PAYM at least...

getti
25th March 2007, 03:48 PM
Ah ok cheers for clearing that up. I know it used to be the case