View Full Version : Vodafone 3G Outage - Chestfield, Pean Hill

Ben
30th March 2007, 10:06 AM
*Grumble*

Vodafone 3G wont connect calls this morning, they just hang and then get a connection error.

2G works fine, but handsets still cling to 3G - though despite full signal my N73 does keep switching back to 2G intermittently and slowly.

Anyone else having problems? There's an outside chance it's my phone, but as I said - 2G is fine.

Hands0n
30th March 2007, 11:00 AM
North Kent, Gravesend and Dartford Vodafone 3G is rock solid today.

vfDeac27
1st April 2007, 11:05 AM
Still having problems Ben? We've not had any widespread reported faults with 3G in the last week or so. There was a slight outage on GSM, GPRS, 3G & SMS in the Midlands this morning (affected me about 7.00am) but all appears to be restored now, all being well.

solo12002
1st April 2007, 11:36 AM
Dont know about a outage, but my brother is ranging with vodafone. For the second weekend in a row he cant use his mobile in Northern Iralen, when you try ring him you get network engaged tone.

Reminds me of the days when o2 offered things for free, the network cant cope, i put this down to free calls at weekend as it only happends at weekends, looks as if its back to another network he can use.

Hands0n
1st April 2007, 12:47 PM
@Solo12002 - Has your bro' reported the problem to Vodafone CS? It is important that they get to know of these issues otherwise they can't help out any. It may be useful to post an eMail to their CS rather than a phone call - at least it is then in print and someone can look into it further. I suggest also giving as much geographic information as possible such as Postcode and/or Streetname of the area he is having trouble in.

Although, getting "network engaged tone" is not something I'd have thought Vodafone would miss - capacity issues should flag up very quickly as a major service level issue.

That or the Irish en masse are being cheapskates and only phoning at weekends :D :D

solo12002
1st April 2007, 05:47 PM
He's spoken to Vodafone on the phone. Had to do it last weekend as well.
As for being "cheapskates" we Northern Irish! only talk when its free lol:p :p :p

Ben
2nd April 2007, 12:46 AM
Sorry for the delay -

Yes, it did sort itself out (or get sorted out) thanks, to the best of my knowledge. I don't like it when Vodafone's network wobbles, I've grown to rely on it since most of the time it's solid as a rock :P

I had noticed the previous day that 3G speeds were way down, 300kbps down and 200kbps up... perhaps the issues stemmed from that. Oh well, I got my HSDPA, I don't expect these new technologies to roll out flawlessly.