View Full Version : Network Brands: Which appeals to you?

Ben
27th April 2005, 02:43 AM
Please vote in the poll above to indicate which network brand appeals to you most.

What brand did you choose?
Why does this brand appeal to you?
What is your immediate word association with this brand?

I have purposely just picked networks with infrastructure.

Ben
27th April 2005, 02:56 AM
I chose Vodafone.

The Vodafone brand appeals to me because I associate it with quality over price. To me, Vodafone comes across as an expensive network, but one that carries a good range of handsets and provides a good quality of service. The Vodafone brand and identity is a very strong one, but through experience I am aware that these ideals are not necessarily true in practice. The fact that I bought a Vodafone handset when I was crying out for a reliable network with good coverage is a testament to their branding efforts.

My immediate reaction to Vodafone: Expensive.

3GScottishUser
27th April 2005, 03:52 AM
I went for Orange.

Its still warm, innovative and their customer service has always been very good when I have had occasion to need it. In terms of value I would rate them - fair. No longer the trailblazing discounter but concious about remaining competitve.

They probably have the most memorable and effective slogan of all time for mobiles "The future's Bright...."

3g-g
27th April 2005, 09:37 AM
I've picked Orange, again the same as 3GSU, I'd say their pricing was fair.

I've been on all the networks, never more than 18 months for any of them, however I've been with Orange for nearly 6 years now and I can't see myself needing, or wanting, no move from that network. That's quite possibly from the feeling I think they give out to their customers which I've put below.

A word association: Friendly :)

Jon3G
27th April 2005, 09:56 AM
I went for Orange.

Again very warm and loving. The Brand of Orange gives an impresion of 1 drive rather than multi company operation

@NickyColman
27th April 2005, 01:25 PM
I picked O2.

I have always been loyal to O2 because they have always provided me with what i need from a mobile service! The tarrif i am on is extremely good value and is perfect for me!

I also love the O2 adverts. As soon as i see or hear the music, i instantly know its O2.

I always associate good value and good service with O2. I also find them to be an "outgoing" network. By this i mean, O2 are always launching new services and promotion and always have something new to offer!

Jon3G
27th April 2005, 04:01 PM
I picked O2.

I have always been loyal to O2 because they have always provided me with what i need from a mobile service! The tarrif i am on is extremely good value and is perfect for me!

I also love the O2 adverts. As soon as i see or hear the music, i instantly know its O2.

I always associate good value and good service with O2. I also find them to be an "outgoing" network. By this i mean, O2 are always launching new services and promotion and always have something new to offer!

Thats very true about the music and bubbles

@NickyColman
27th April 2005, 04:15 PM
yeah i think the advertising company behind O2 are very good at what they do! Three on the other hand . . . . .lol . . . .

chaslam
20th August 2005, 03:24 PM
I chose o2.

T-mobiles is just bland and boring, vodafones is way to over the top and in your face but oranges I like.

The three I like the most is orange, three and o2, but I had to go for o2. I love the blue aqua colour and I find it relaxing.