View Full Version : X-Series is a Mess.....

3GScottishUser
11th April 2007, 03:26 PM
I just had a look at 3's X-Series site and the phone compatibility table is a real eye-opener.

The ONLY handset that can handle all of the X-Series applications is the Nokia N73. (Which is no longer offered by 3 directly).

The Nokia E65 cant do Windows Live Messenger (WLM).

The Nokia E61 cant do WLM, Skype, E-Bay Sling, Orb or Mobicast.

The Nokia 6288 cant do WLM, Skype, Mobile Mail, Sling, Orb or Mobicast.

The Nokia 6233 cant do WLM, Skype, Sling, Orb or Mobicast.

The Sony Ericsson w850i and w950i cant do WLM, Skype, Mobile Mail, Sling, Orb or Mobicast.

The Motorola V3xx cant do WLM, Skype, Mobile Mail, Sling, Orb or Mobicast.

Cor Blimey.... What a shambles.....

X-Series is a great concept but its now probably one of the most confusing offerings in the mobile marketplace and goodness knows how customers are supposed to understand the proposition.

Perhaps 3 should have made sure all of the services worked on at least all of their current handsets before launching X-Series. (One can appreciate some older handsets may not be technically capable of everything).

Was'nt it rather stupid of 3 UK renaming their Internet add-on X-Series? That seems to have created a service that offers different things depending on what handset you happen to buy or own and one could easily end up getting something very different from what one thought X-Series was.

A full list of 3's handsets and compatible services are on the X-Series website. If anyone is thinking about buying this service they would be well advised to check what their handset is capable of before signing up.

http://www.three.co.uk/xseries/get_x_series/xseries_services.omp

Ben
11th April 2007, 06:19 PM
The N73 is a stonking phone, what've they stopped selling it for :S

Anyway, yes I agree it is a bit of a shambles. But then I never took to X-Series anyway, it's mostly a clever set of press releases.

Hands0n
11th April 2007, 08:40 PM
What a shambolic situation by 3. They really should know better than to mess around like this. Such a situation is only going to increase their reliance upon their Customer Services which is probably the worst thing they could do.

Customers, a foreign concept to 3's Mumbai CS, will be calling to get non-working issues resolved with X-Series only to be met with a CS who can, at best, offer the advice to "wipe the USIM with a clean dry cloth". That is hardly going to resolve basic handset/service incompatibility issues!

In the words of Peanuts ...... "Good grief!".

getti
13th April 2007, 11:13 PM
When in work today there is a chart with all 3 phones and all 3 xeries services. It lets you see what phones can do what or when they will be compatible.

I will post what i can tomorrow but the 'mess' will soon be fixed :)

Hands0n
14th April 2007, 08:22 AM
Good show; it needs to be done because 3 desperately need to reduce not increase their reliance on Mumbai!

getti
14th April 2007, 08:40 AM
Thats why i try and help out here as much as i can with people asking 3 questions :)

Ben
14th April 2007, 11:33 AM
I look forward to seeing the resolution!

solo12002
23rd April 2007, 08:05 AM
" When in work today there is a chart with all 3 phones and all 3 xeries services. It lets you see what phones can do what or when they will be compatible.

I will post what i can tomorrow but the 'mess' will soon be fixed"

Any news on this?

getti
23rd April 2007, 06:28 PM
Yeh i got it here but forgot to post it up :o

Will dig it out and post the info here

getti
24th April 2007, 12:12 AM
Can't find my sheet with the info on. Im in work tomorrow so will get another copy.

I do know Skype is planned this month for the LG Shine

solo12002
24th April 2007, 07:16 AM
" Can't find my sheet with the info on"

No wonder the rest of us are confused with this service!

lol

miffed
24th April 2007, 12:17 PM
Can't find my sheet with the info on.

Was this a personlised reply , or is this the official company line ?

:D :)

solo12002
24th April 2007, 01:46 PM
" Was this a personlised reply , or is this the official company line"

Tut tut. Nice to know the staff need sheets to work out what services there are lol:D

hecatae
24th April 2007, 08:56 PM
still waiting for w950i services.

solo12002
25th April 2007, 06:49 AM
X=series hansets and what services they offer can be found here:

http://three.co.uk/xseries/mobiles/recommended.omp

Please look to right bottom of web page and click on compatible phone. getti this will save you from having to get your sheet of paper ! lol

hecatae
25th April 2007, 07:53 AM
lg u8380 supports sling?

Hands0n
25th April 2007, 09:59 PM
lg u8380 supports sling?

I'd want to see it working, in my hand, first! ;)

solo12002
25th April 2007, 10:10 PM
" I'd want to see it working, in my hand, first!
"
£5 pounds for the best answer to that one!:rolleyes: