View Full Version : Yahoo and Sandisk's iPod Killer

JimmerUK
17th April 2007, 10:24 AM
This sounds great (http://www.mbmagazine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2161&Itemid=62)

Sandisk and Yahoo have teamed up to produce a potential iPod killer which can download your music, link to your messenger account to see what tracks your friends are playing, and listen to internet radio.

You can connect to everything on your Yahoo account whilst out and about.

Ben
17th April 2007, 11:45 AM
I don't think it'll catch... but we'll see. I doubt anything Sandisk can create will truly become an 'iPod Killer'. We've heard a lot of players given such a title over the years and they've all faded away. Even M$'s Zune has been what can only be described as a flop despite trying to trump the iPod on features.

Hands0n
17th April 2007, 08:07 PM
I hate to say "me too" but ......

The thing is - what ALL the other manufacturers have missed is Apple's rather clever trick of integrating the iPod and iTunes software on either a Mac or PC such that the user has nothing else to do but sort through their music collection, make up playlists and, if they don't have the 80GB iPod, select which go to the iPod and when.

Even importing CDs into iTunes and thus the iPod are made trivial. Pop it in, answer a single question (or not even!) and a few minutes later its all done.

Every single other MP3 device I have ever seen has made manipulating and handling music a complete chore! That has been their downfall against the iPod.

Apple really do MMI (Man Machine Interface) well. Love it or hate it, Apple got it dead right there.