View Full Version : LG brings Google phone to Europe

Ben
25th April 2007, 10:41 AM
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/04/25/lg_brings_google_phone_to_europe/

LG rolled out its latest 'super 3G' handset this week, pitching its Symbian-based slider phone, the KS10, as a web-browsing wonder: it has Google pre-installed.

The KS10 incorporates a 2.4in, 240 x 320, 262,144-colour display; two-megapixel autofocus camera; Bluetooth stereo audio and all the other features you'd expect from a modern multimedia handset. There's 80MB of on-board memory that can be expanded with MicroSD cards.

The phone uses Nokia's S60 user interface, and has Google Maps, Gmail and Blogger pre-loaded. Not quite the much-rumoured Google-branded handset then, but close enough.

LG didn't say when the KS10 will hit the shops.
Well, ladies and gentlemen, an LG running Nokia S60 is one I can get onboard with! I wonder how well this one'll do...

Hands0n
25th April 2007, 09:57 PM
On all the photos that accompany that article the only device showing the Google desktop is the PC in the background :D Summat smells!

mike967angus
2nd February 2008, 03:16 PM
Can anyone help?
Got a KS10 and finally managed to get 3 network showing on screen
I am fine with texts and both voice and video calls but both picture and video messages wont work due to multimedia settings.
Also any tips on how to get planet3 p and running?

Hands0n
2nd February 2008, 03:43 PM
There is some stuff buried in the dusty old corridors of Talk3G :) Take look in the LG section, a long way back I posted some stuff relating to 3's MMS settings for the U series. These will apply for MMS - but for the Planet3 you'll need to play around with the URL to find one that fits the KS10 best - 3 craft a page for each specific handset they sell so you have to try and find one that fits. The URLs tend to be a bit obvious once you get into them.

HTH

mike967angus
2nd February 2008, 05:46 PM
Cheers
Will have a go!
May even end up stopping with 3 at this rate.
Now been offered £10 per month reduction on each of my 2 contracts plus 2 new 6500 sliders that will e-bay very nicely thank you.
Still 18 month contract but the phrase "what do you want blood"springs to mind.