View Full Version : O2 Credit for Not Upgrading

JimmerUK
26th April 2007, 01:33 PM
I can't believe this. O2 are offering people £95 in free calling credit if they don't upgrade their phone.

As per this. (http://www.mbmagazine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2187&Itemid=62)

Doesn't really make any sense, you could get your upgrade, then sell it on eBay and probably make back more than £95.

Ben
26th April 2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah, it's not a particularly droolworthy offer. Still, some people will snap it up - another choice, I guess.

Hands0n
26th April 2007, 09:18 PM
I've a few Luddite friends who never upgrade - one is still bangin around with what looks like an old Nokia 3310. Loves it, won't be parted with it. He'd love the £95 to not upgrade. I've been begging him to upgrade - even if it is to chuck the new handset at me while he continues wit the 3310! But no, he won't even do that. Bar Steward.

miffed
27th April 2007, 07:14 AM
Hey we are being a bit negative here aren't we?

Lets compare this with what the other networks offer those who choose not to upgrade ?

I think o2 deserve some credit here at least

Ben
27th April 2007, 09:36 AM
Typically they offer tariff reductions based on a users average spend... though I agree it's good of O2 to put a 'pre-negotiation' figure on it.

gorilla
10th June 2007, 12:09 PM
Well as you know I've already taken out a three contract. But anyway, after 3, yes that's three, emails to O2 asking for a PAC I finally phoned them (I got 3 replies form different people all asking for the same thing - I had already provided this in the original email, and the replies). Can three be any worse? The young lady I spoke to asked why I was leaving etc I explained. At this point the haggling started. The result was I was offered £25 per month for 400 mins and 500 texts. "that's a saving of £120 over the year". I wasn't offered an upgrade or a reduction on not taking a new phone. I was expecting line rental to be about £15 per month and some credit. I then explained about the three tariff. "We don't do data tariffs for consumers, only business customers" ok what do you offer business customers. I have to admit at this point I stopped listening. Something about 10's of mb for £10 a month. Nothing else. Oh and another thing, the online o2 coverage map shows me to be in a 3g area, but after complaining (yet again), I was told that I wasn't actually in a 3g area and those maps aren't accurate. WTF?
Anyway, the CS rep gave me my PAC. I think I'll give O2 a break for a few years before venturing back. Woeful.