View Full Version : Money to be won

Nero
30th April 2007, 11:13 AM
From the Vodafone Betavine website:

"To highlight our innovative Vodafone Betavine website we’re launching a competition for students.

Vodafone Betavine, which is run by our R&D team, is a public website and testing ground for the latest concepts and technologies in mobile and internet applications.

It’s perfect for developers, testers and anyone interested in wireless and internet communications to experiment or play with new technology in real-world conditions.

In addition, Vodafone Betavine offers students the opportunity to be involved in developing mobile and internet applications through internships, ‘externships’ and a set of competitions – with some excellent prizes!

The competitions, which are aimed at all students, are designed to fit with their course project and not be additional work. It’s hoped the initiative will encourage innovation in the area of mobile and internet communications across four defined focus areas:

Social Networking and Communications
Information and Entertainment
Office and B2B
Social Impact

Students can use the features of the Vodafone Betavine website in order to create project space and upload their competition entries. We’re offering three prizes for each of the four categories, with a prize of €5,000 for each category winner.

Whether you’re from the developer or beta tester community, Vodafone Betavine brings the two together to encourage collaboration and harness collective intelligence, which will ultimately, improve the customer experience.

For more information please visit www.vodafonebetavine.net – and remember to pass it on to any students or academics that you know – we want to spread the word!"

Ginz
1st May 2007, 02:55 PM
Good idea. Am joining up to it as we speak.

Bizarre.. it doesnt allow me to sign up with my non vodafone number?!

Nero
2nd May 2007, 10:04 AM
Good idea. Am joining up to it as we speak.

Bizarre.. it doesnt allow me to sign up with my non vodafone number?!

Can you double check this, as far as I'm aware it should accept non VF numbers.

Ginz
2nd May 2007, 12:01 PM
Didnt have any luck with about 4 attempts yesterday..

Nero
2nd May 2007, 02:44 PM
Have checked with the VF team responsible for Betavine, they claim that the site is open to "anyone on any network in any part of the world".

Maybe just a temporary "glitch".

Nero
2nd May 2007, 04:08 PM
Didnt have any luck with about 4 attempts yesterday..

Ginz, I've sent you a PM.

Ginz
2nd May 2007, 04:37 PM
Now joined.. no problems this time.