View Full Version : Web And Walk

solo12002
30th April 2007, 10:17 PM
Any one else seen this?

from 19th April existing customers who have abused the fair use policy three times will have their Web and walk service Blocked>

Hands0n
30th April 2007, 11:36 PM
Thats a new one - not seen any prior notification ...... But T-Mobile do say that they will take action with persistent abuse! So it seems fair enough.

miffed
1st May 2007, 07:29 AM
Has anyone ever received notification of going over ?

Will the customer get notification of his individual notifications ? or will they just wake up one day and find no Web & Walk ?

To be fair , something had to give IMO , I think T-mobile have now seen the competition have very little in the way of balls , so their is no need to sell themselves short in this respect - they may as well enforce their T & C as it's not as if the customers can go anywhere else
In an Ideal world though , I rather receive one notification , then get billed for any overspend rather than getting cut off though :(

Ben
1st May 2007, 09:04 AM
I think they'll urge customers who do abuse the FUP to move to one of the costlier Web & Walk packs. If they cut anyone off without some sort of notification then they're missing a trick, imho.

Hands0n
1st May 2007, 07:29 PM
Their Ts&Cs do rather suggest that there will be dialogue before the actual Cut Off. They do say that it has to be somewhat persistent behavior. I get the distinct feeling that if you did go over one period and explained that it was exceptional circumstances (i.e. travel away from home) that they'd be understanding. There really is no reason for them to come all heavy - it would only put off a renwal come contract expiry. No sense in that.

Thehoffrules
3rd May 2007, 11:59 AM
In an Ideal world though , I rather receive one notification , then get billed for any overspend rather than getting cut off though :(

I think they have legal problems diong this because then they can't say it is unlimited. A fair use policy can only apply if you're going to restrict access, not start charging.