View Full Version : Photo Submissions for May 2007

Ben
1st May 2007, 05:20 PM
I can smell the BBQ's!

Notes:

1) Your post and attached image will not show up straight away - we check each entry first.

2) You can only enter one picture each month.

3) All pictures must be taken with a 3G phone during the month of May 2007 - you can state which phone you used if you wish, but technical quality is unimportant. As such, reducing the size of your photo is fine provided no 'photoshopping' is performed. In fact, with mobile phone cameras generating increasingly large files you are encouraged to slightly reduce the dimensions of your snaps and Windows users can do this using Stretch/Skew in Microsoft Paint.

4) The winners poll is a public vote - you can't vote for yourself!

Good luck!

whatleydude
2nd May 2007, 11:24 AM
This is my effort for May.

Taken yesterday en route to Tottenham Court Road via the Piccadilly Line...

...with my N95 on 2mp setting.

AAARGH! I'm falling into my screeeeeeeeeeen!"

;)

Hands0n
2nd May 2007, 04:17 PM
Continuing a recently set theme :D

A new bridge at the intersection of the A2/M25 at Dartford .... Impressive construction techniques. Taken from inside the car hurriedly, Nokia 6280.

Gagz
2nd May 2007, 11:50 PM
Primark Coventry :) good eh :P

Ginz
3rd May 2007, 09:11 AM
Reading town centre last weekend taken with the N95.

whatleydude
3rd May 2007, 04:58 PM
I've not voted yet - but I like the Bridge one - pic quality lets it down a bit...
But we'll see what else comes along.

Good work all!

:D

Hands0n
3rd May 2007, 09:05 PM
T'was hurriedly taken through the windscreen of my car - I wanted to lean out of the window but the fuzz were alongside looking quite bemused at me photographing the bridge like a tourist!

Schockwave
8th May 2007, 02:02 PM
Hope this works, as I have not done this before, but this picture was taken with my new Nokia N95 in my back garden of my severally disabled daughter, pushing an old bin around the old terrace, which is now being redone:

(Well, check this out and see if it has worked. I have had to size it down quite a bit to get it below 2MB, I could not use the same sizing as suggested.)

Ben
8th May 2007, 06:38 PM
Ok, here's mine, Nokia N73.

This is one of the two Aston Martin Vanquish's from James Bond - Die Another Day, photographed at the Vanquish factory in Newport Pagnell on my latest visit. As you can see, I got down on the floor to take this picture, but it was worth it. The 'optional extras', lethal as they look, were fitted by Aston Martin's very own Works Service, and are made out of whatever they had lying around at the time (twix wrappers, toilet roll tubes, unexploded WW2 bombs... that sort of thing).

Ben
9th May 2007, 01:49 PM
Hope this works, as I have not done this before
Well done :D Pictures need to be validated before they appear. One of your attempts worked just fine, the picture just wasn't validated (and now is), so I have restored it and merged your posts. Good luck!

Schockwave
9th May 2007, 03:59 PM
Thank you. I thought I deleted that post as I thought it had not worked, at least I now know how, that is if I can remember what I did!:D

The only thing is, that that picture does not come up full size when you click on it, so only remains a thumbnail. I tried to resize the picture and then upload from my PC and that came up with error, so how do I make it that people can see it in a larger size?

Hands0n
9th May 2007, 09:48 PM
@shockwave - Don't try and resize it - the T3G software will create the thumbnail for you - just send it up full size (when you bring up the Upload window you'll see what image sizes are supported for each format type). When someone clicks your thumbnailed image the T3G software will launch the full-sized image in another window.

Ben
9th May 2007, 10:30 PM
Indeed - feel free to keep trying, I'll tidy the thread up again afterwards :)

Nero
9th May 2007, 10:42 PM
Here is my attempt, taken on a slightly old SE Z800i, please excuse the lack of definition etc..

Schockwave
9th May 2007, 10:52 PM
This is what I get when I try to upload the picture straight from my PC:

"The Dimension limits for this filetype are 2048 x 1536. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 2592 x 1944."

Hands0n
9th May 2007, 11:00 PM
Okay - so what you need to do is just resize it in one of your fave picture editing programs and job done. Just shrink it down a bit and Save As so you dont mess up the original. The 2046 x 1536 is to save space on the server - and is, anyway, a fairly large format :)

Hands0n
9th May 2007, 11:46 PM
Thats it, you done it okay that time :)

stuartturrell
15th May 2007, 02:44 PM
Some new lambs with their mum behind them.

Taken with N95.

3g-g
17th May 2007, 04:34 PM
Oh it's a long, long way down, and boy did it hurt my arms getting up there in the first place! It's taken from the inside of the tower at work, you climb up the middle of it which is much nicer when it's raining, as it was today!

6680 (still going strong!) on fine setting.

CowBag
17th May 2007, 06:21 PM
Some new lambs with their mum behind them.

awww cute LOL can you tell which Greedy Lamb had the most milk ? ;)