View Full Version : T-Mobile, HSDPA by default?

Hands0n
2nd May 2007, 04:30 PM
Here's an unexpected, but pleasant, experience.

This morning I called up T-Mobile Customer Services to ask them to turn on HSDPA for me on my Web N Walk Plus contact. The CS chap wasn't sure what to do exactly and went off-line for a few moments to ask for advice. He then came back to me and said that HSDPA was already turned on by default on all Web N Walk Plus and Max accounts!

I cannot verify this at the moment as I do not have an HSDPA device - but will be trying out my SIM in an HSDPA data card if I can prize the new laptop away from my firm's guv later in the week.

Can anyone confirm that what was told to me is true? Any T-Mob insiders maybe?

Thehoffrules
3rd May 2007, 04:32 PM
automatically provisioned on WnW plus and Max plans/bolt-ons

Ben
3rd May 2007, 05:22 PM
So normal WnW accounts, even with a HSDPA capable handset, may not be HSDPA enabled?

Is there any reason for not just allowing everyone to use HSDPA if the SIM is in a capable device?

Hands0n
3rd May 2007, 09:30 PM

Thanks for the confirmation and welcome to Talk3G - hope you enjoy your stay with us.

I never used to subscribe to T-Mobile, ever since they were One2One (I had their very first PCN handset when they launched, it sucked). But the new breath of life in the company has been nothing short of inspirational. Flext and Web N Walk - boy did T-Mobile get it right this time!!