View Full Version : New Nokias: They're all 3G!

Ben
27th April 2005, 02:18 PM
Ok, in my haste of overlooking the tech specs page, it appears ALL of the new Nokia handsets just announced are 3G capable, with two that support video calling!

View the new handsets here:
http://www.nokia.com/nseries/index.html?loc=inside,main_n91

I assumed these handsets were only GSM, but this announcement marks massive 3G handset progress. Nokia just doubled their 3G offering!

miffed
27th April 2005, 02:58 PM
I want an n91

4GB !!! :D

Ben
27th April 2005, 03:06 PM
I'm wanting one too, it can even take WMA files due to having Windows Media Player installed! As a Napster user, that makes it even more appealing for me providing it handles DRM'd tracks.

It also has a STANDARD headphone connector! About bloomin time, Nokia :D Add to that Wi-Fi and 2mp Carl Zeiss optics and I think, if it's out in time, we've got ourselves a 3G Christmas.

miffed
27th April 2005, 03:15 PM
Wonder If three will launch it , with the hard drive taken out and a restricted media player :( ?

Stranger things have happened !

Ben
27th April 2005, 03:22 PM
Fortunately the lack of videocalling should prevent, or at least significantly delay, the release of this handset on Three.

What did Symbian smartphones do to deserve being trapped in a walled garden?

I'd imagine the N90 will come out on Three UK pretty fast though - a 3G clamshell with 2MP camera will be hot. That N70 would be a welcome addition to Three's lineup also, but I'd imagine the N90 will be heavily faught for by the conglomerate.