View Full Version : Time for Upgrade or Goodbye

Hands0n
13th May 2007, 04:58 PM
The title says it all - I had arrived at "D" day, do I stay or do I go? A quick phone call to Vodafone Customer Services it is then :)

Two things on the agenda - although I ended up with three by the time CS had finished with me.

1. I wanted to upgrade to a Nokia N95 - see my experience here (https://talk3g.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21386&postcount=10) on Talk3G. Basically I walked away from the table a happy chappy.

2. Daughter wanted to upgrade to a new SE W880i, she was happy with her 18-month contract terms and okay to go for another term. So this was not likely to be difficult. I called CS back and went direct to the "I want to leave Vodafone" menu option. The was happy enough to go elsewhere if the deal could not be struck.

The lad I spoke with this time was as knowledeable and efficient as the first - I really do like Vodafone's CS, they do stand head and shoulders above most of the others. It may cost a bit more, but I want to be looked after - I digress. He said that the W880i could be had as a FOC upgrade and threw in a month's free rental for staying with Vodafone. I took on the offer of 3 months free comprehensive insurance also - the kid had her W900i stolen from her earlier this year, broke her heart that did! So its worth a bit of peace of mind and when the free period expires we'll likely run with it for longer.

All in all this was an effortless process - Vodafone were not able to be as flexible with the N95 as with the other stuff, but thats fair enough for such a new and in demand handset as the N95 is. They were happy enough to chuck in some sweeteners and that makes all the difference to the experience. I did not want to have to lay our £100 for the upgrade but they did make the effort to sweeten that bitter pill.

That is how to win the business from "the right kind of customer".

And so here's to another 18 months with Vodafone ..... I'm happy.