View Full Version : Finally (some) BB5s can be unlocked

bsrjl1
13th May 2007, 07:50 PM
Dejan's released a BB5 unlocked for the older models, 6630,6680 to N70,N90
http://users.net.yu/~dejan/

Going to give it a whirl on my 3 N70...

Hands0n
13th May 2007, 08:33 PM
Its looking for a COM:x port ..... Suggests serial connection to the BB5 handset rather than USB cable ..... Do let us know how you get on with this. What an excellent find of yours :) I've a 3 6680 that I'd dearly like released from that network but the idiots will not give me the code 'cos I didn't buy it originally ......

bsrjl1
13th May 2007, 08:41 PM
I tried the CA-53 cable but it didn't find the phone, I changed the COM port to COM3 & changed the USB com port, but it still doesn't work. Only other cable i have is DKU-2 which isn't supported. Should be able to get a DKU-5 tomorrow....

It will also unlock if you've used up all your attempts & have the codes from the operator :-)

bsrjl1
13th May 2007, 08:47 PM
Nokia DKU-5
Uses FBus, so the cable contains a serial to USB converter. Limited to 115200 bps.

Nokia CA-42
Newer model of DKU-5. For FBus, but behaves like a true USB device. Limited to 230400 bps.

Hands0n
13th May 2007, 09:36 PM
Rats :( I've only got DKU-2 - figured out how to get the USB config'd to port COM:2 but now have wrong cable .....

Just eBaying for a DKU-5 and CA-42 to play with :)

bsrjl1
13th May 2007, 10:20 PM
DKU-5 was £3.99 incl P&P, hopefully shouldn't take long...

Hands0n
13th May 2007, 10:26 PM
It cost me £1 more :D I'll post my results on here.

BTW, I have an N70 that someone has given me that they have forgotten their own power-on unlock code. I can't find anything that actually works without going and buying a JAF - not prepared to do that for one single job. Do you have any suggestions? Its just the Security Code that they've set and then promptly forgotten - there are Mastercode generators for DCT3&4 but I cant locate anything for BB5

bsrjl1
18th May 2007, 07:28 AM
Cable turned up yesterday. When you plug it in, it looks for drivers which is promising, as it's got a USB-Serial inside. Plugged the phone in, ran the software & it worked great. N70 now unlocked for £4 :-)

bsrjl1
18th May 2007, 07:30 AM
BTW, I have an N70 that someone has given me that they have forgotten their own power-on unlock code. I can't find anything that actually works without going and buying a JAF - not prepared to do that for one single job. Do you have any suggestions? Its just the Security Code that they've set and then promptly forgotten - there are Mastercode generators for DCT3&4 but I cant locate anything for BB5

I'm in exactly the same situation - one of the guys got a new SIM card, chucked the old one & when he now turns it on "enter lock code". It's not 12345 & he denies changing it. No ideas so far :-(

Hands0n
18th May 2007, 07:35 AM
It bricked my 3-supplied Nokia 6680 - now wont take any USIM :( The BB5 unlocker software says that the memory is corrupted. There is no way for me to load it back. I'll try a CPW/Nokia repair centre but if they say its out of warranty and want money to fix it then I'll throw it off the top of a very high building. Or maybe I'll give it a Viking Funeral on the River Thames which is nearby to me. Hmmmmm, that'd make a good UTube video :D

That stoooopid handset never wanted to be unlocked - it has frustrated all legitimate and illigitimate attempts to be free of the 3 network. I reckon those pesky Mumbians put a curse on it :p Its like my own personal little Voodoo Doll :eek: