View Full Version : 3G Handset prices falling.....

3GScottishUser
15th May 2007, 04:55 PM
Doing some checking and the price of some of the better known 3G handsets have been tumbling in recent months. Below are just a few examples of some of the reduced prices on current model PAYG handsets.

SonyEricsson V630i (Vodafone) £69.99 - www.play.com

SonyEricsson K800i or W850i (Vodafone) £129.99 - www.play.com

SonyEricsson K610i (T-Mobile) £89.99 - www.play.com

SonyEricsson W880i (Vodafone or T-Mobile) £199.99 - www.play.com

CPW, Argos and others have some great deals too with (non-3g) Motorola Razr's now £49 (CPW) and the Super slim Samsung E900 now just £80 (Phones4U).

No wonder so many youngsters are now sporting these top spec handsets!

Hands0n
15th May 2007, 07:41 PM
It is good indeed to see these drops in pricing for such capable handsets. My daughter has just received her SE W880i and it is gobsmackingly excellent. The build quality is as only Sony can, and do (believe me I'm no Sony fanboy). Tiny it might be, but don't drop it on your foot :D

I must admit to having a bit of a thing for SE handsets - although I do tend to keep coming back to Nokia for their S60 OS. I can see myself nipping down the store when the W880i drops nearer the £100, which it surely will during the next 12 months.

Ben
15th May 2007, 10:54 PM
I think Sony Ericsson have done a fantastic job of providing the features that the majority of handset users, particularly the younger generations, actually want to use and presenting them in a way that's simple and fast. Ok, so the T610 wasn't fast, it was the anti-fast, but everything I've seen from them since has been pretty nippy.

S60, on the other hand, has the smartphone market well and truly cornered. SE's standard OS is just so ridgid, where as S60 does look and feel like a full-blown OS with installable applications and all.

Unfortunately S60 is also pretty slow and Nokia just don't seem to be able to speed it up enough. Nokia also aren't exactly famous for good looks or build quality, especially in the NSeries line. God doesn't give with both hands where Nokia phones are concerned, it's either looks or gumption.