View Full Version : Vodafone HSDPA & Nokia N95

Hands0n
17th May 2007, 11:04 PM
Time for some speed test results now that I've got to grips with the new Nokia N95 wot I have :D

The full results can be viewed here (http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/117943859734190611109.html) at Thinkbroadband.com (formerly adslguide.org.uk).

The bottom line is that tonight I got 887.98 downlink and 355.69 uplink on the Nokia N95 HSDPA handset on Vodafone's network. So it is definitely HSDPA, not as fast as it can be on paper but a lot quicker than plain 3G. Very nice :)

Ben
17th May 2007, 11:12 PM
Very good! I'd definitely run a few more tests at different times... unless something else is holding the connection back, you should be able to hit the magic 1.3, or at least 1.2mbps.

Getting those sorts of speeds over a mobile network is lots of fun :D

Hands0n
17th May 2007, 11:29 PM
It was an interesting first run. I've not had my hands on HSDPA until today! Really, where I need it is on T-Mobile with my WNW Plus 3GB £12.50pcm deal. If Voda would only sort out their Data tariffs to meet T-Mobile I'd switch my data use over to them. But as long as Voda are dicking around with Premium Data Pricing they'll be a back-stop for my Data requirements.

Nevertheless, breaking the back of plain 3G at its 380Kbps max was good to see. It really is indiscernable from a landline broadband connection, even if modest in speed by today's landline speeds. For web, email and IM even 3G speeds impress most, and HSDPA will shake them up a little.

Time now for the networks to introduce some commoditising Data Tariffs.