View Full Version : Vodafone New Data Charges

solo12002
18th May 2007, 10:25 PM
" Form the 1st of June 2007 Vodafone will launch a daily £1 capped data service (15MB limit) and a monthly flat rate service, £7.50 (125Mb limit).

The service will have some limitations such as P2P, VoIP and Instant Messaging that are not included in the bundle and will be charged at the normal price (big shame about Inshtant Messaging).

This will bring the network more in line with T-Mobile, Orange and Three. However the other networks give more in the line of 1Gb limit per month.

All the information is subject to change as we get closer to the release date, but if the 125Mb limit does not increase it does rate quite high on the suck’o’meter.

Taken from:

http://www.verysmartphone.com/2007/05/18/vodafone-to-offer-flat-rate-data-packages/#more-23

Hands0n
18th May 2007, 10:53 PM
Why Oh Why are Vodafone drip-feeding their Data offerings to us? Is their data network so feeble that they really do have to charge such a premium for it? Or are they worried about upsetting their Business customers who pay a huge premium just to chuck some data about the airwaves these days.

To be sure, all of the arguments to support premium pricing have gone - or if they haven't in Vodafone's case then that particular company is just about to get left in the wake of everyone else.

Such conservatism does Vodafone no good at all.

getti
18th May 2007, 11:58 PM
£7.50 for 125mb?

Im not even going to comment how much that sucks

Ben
19th May 2007, 12:40 AM
For the majority of people 125MB is going to be enough, so the £7.50 charge becomes pretty even across the networks. However, 1GB or 'unlimited' sounds better... and will certainly be more attractive in sales talk.

Vodafone are being very protectionist, as always, but as always they have the most to lose. The performance on their data network is pretty awesome, as is their voice and text performance, and quality would appear to be their biggest asset.

The new tariffs are a disappointment, no doubt about that, but they're a step in the right direction for a company that previously had no consumer data bundles at all.

solo12002
19th May 2007, 10:08 AM
Im sure 125Mb is enought for most ppl.
But if you look at web and walk, its better value, plus id you take sliver from three you get skype, MSM , and ebay.

I know who i rather give my £5 pounds to

Hands0n
19th May 2007, 12:31 PM
Yea, and I can't help but feel that the buying public will feel that way also. Hell, its almost worth having Vodafone for voice/text and a T-Mobile PAYG for the £1 eat-all-you-can data, or [perish the thought] Orange, or [even more off the radar for me] good old 3 as solo12002 suggests :eek:.

In fact, almost anyone but that one company who should stand out head and shoulders ........ Vodafone!

Poor show, Vodafone.