View Full Version : help

mummyjo1984
23rd May 2007, 06:36 PM
hiya i just got a lg u880 phone on 3 and i cant get a signal enywhere tryed indoors and outdoors but no luck. i cant ring enyone at all . can eny one help me pleaseeeeeeeee

thanks jo

miffed
23rd May 2007, 07:05 PM
Hello , welcome to talk3G

Have you ever had any signal ? if not , it sounds to me like your Sim hasn't been activated yet - either that or you have a faulty handset

If it is the former , it'll be a case of waiting for three to connect you , if it is the latter, you'll need to give 3CS a call , or check with the people you bought from

Anushree
23rd May 2007, 07:49 PM
hiya i just got a lg u880 phone on 3 and i cant get a signal enywhere tryed indoors and outdoors but no luck. i cant ring enyone at all . can eny one help me pleaseeeeeeeee

thanks jo

hi

did u try to use your sim card in any other 3 handset?

Anushree
23rd May 2007, 07:51 PM
hi

Think so u shd check the sim in another 3 handset

mummyjo1984
24th May 2007, 08:48 AM
yeah my sim is registered and i get a full signal on my other 3 phone just not in the u880 one what can i do

got the phone brand new sealed in the box of ebay ?

Hands0n
24th May 2007, 07:10 PM
It does sound like your u880 is dead on arrival - get it replaced.

Get back in touch with the eBayer and arrange for it to be replaced or refunded. They are not allowed to sell broken goods unless it says so in their advert. A good eBayer will not haggle or hassle, but will just replace or refund.

miffed
24th May 2007, 07:32 PM
It does sound like your u880 is dead on arrival - get it replaced.

Get back in touch with the eBayer and arrange for it to be replaced or refunded. They are not allowed to sell broken goods unless it says so in their advert. A good eBayer will not haggle or hassle, but will just replace or refund.

Also worth logging a dispute on with ebay - you can always close it if the seller co-operates , but at least the ball will be rolling if he doesn't - otherwise you have to wait another 14 days after his response

I'd mail him , then give him 24hrs to reply , if he doesn't , then log the dispute

Anushree
25th May 2007, 09:10 PM
w/o going through this hassel just call c/s and check with them if the imei of the handset is blacklisted as u got the handset from ebay,u will find imei on handset box starting with 35....or give the imei to me i will get it checked

Ben
26th May 2007, 12:13 AM
(But don't post the IMEI in public, and think twice before giving it out online)

Anushree
27th May 2007, 10:05 PM
i agree with ben ,rather call cc

mummyjo1984
1st June 2007, 12:25 PM
hita if i call cc what do i say i got the imei number on box and not sure what to do now?

thanks jo

3g-g
1st June 2007, 03:27 PM
Hi Jo,

Look under the battery on the handset, the IMEI is printed there, they usually start 357 or similar. Call CS, explain you bought a handset from someone else and tell them the problem, ask if they can check if the handset is blacklisted or reported stolen. You can then get back to your point of sale if issues are highlighted.

mummyjo1984
8th June 2007, 09:17 AM
three have said the phone is blacklisted what does this mean ?

help thanks jo

Ben
8th June 2007, 10:05 AM
Hey Jo. It means the handset was reported lost/stolen and can no longer be used on mobile networks in the UK :(

miffed
8th June 2007, 10:19 AM
You definately need that dispute filed with Ebay

Basically you have been sold a stolen phone - not sure exactly of the procedures , but you should be able to get your money back through this

3g-g
8th June 2007, 10:55 AM
Hi Jo,

As miffed as said, get back onto the seller straight away. I'd send them a message through eBay and lodge the dispute with eBay themselves straight away, don't wait for a response from the seller, you can always close the dispute early if needs be.

Highlight to eBay that the seller is selling stolen goods, that is most definitely against eBay policy, you shouldn't have any problem getting your money back. Did you pay with PayPal?

If it were me I'd possibly highlight that if you've had no response in 24hrs you'll be taking the matter to the Police also.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

mummyjo1984
8th June 2007, 08:37 PM
well mentioned this with the seller and i have got a full refund thank god but what will happen to the phone will i get it back or will 3 still repair it?? or will they just get rid of it?? thanks jo

Hands0n
8th June 2007, 08:43 PM
Three will probably keep and trash the phone - if it is stolen they could not be party to sending it back to you. Good you got the refund off the ebayer - thats the risk with dealing on ebay, you really do not know what you're going to end up with at times! That said, I use it frequently for phones (buy and sell occasionally, mostly buy)