View Full Version : vodafone data plans

solo12002
29th May 2007, 08:01 PM
Any one get any word yet on the wonderful new vodafone data price plans due out 1st of June.

At this rate we will be hearing the news from BBC on the day. it is after all the 28th of May 07 or did we all sign up to get the news from vodafone for fing fun

maxspank
31st May 2007, 07:53 AM
Phone and speak to Producs & Services, they're sure to know by now.

fireballxl5
31st May 2007, 08:39 AM
I spoke to CS yesterday and they said call or check the web on Friday !!!
So we just have to wait may be there seeing what the customer reation is before costing it up :D

gorilla
31st May 2007, 01:29 PM
This page (http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=template10&pageID=MI_0005) on the vodaphone website lists their new charges. £7.50 for 120mb of data usage.

It's a poor offering. Aside from the 120mb, voip and instant messenging cost extra!

solo12002
31st May 2007, 02:21 PM
What a CRAP deal.

I rather give my £5 pounds to three

Ben
1st June 2007, 08:20 AM
I agree, the new offering is quite horrific.

It would have been better to have 'unlimited' daily browsing for £1 and 'unlimited' monthly browsing for £7.50 with a restrictive fair use policy.

These 'hard limits' will still have customers worrying about how much data they use and, as a result, they wont use as much.

Still, at least they have a consumer data tariff now! Though, quite frankly, I vastly preferred data coming out of my text bundle. But then I also liked it when MMS came out of my text bundle. I think Vodafone's tariffs have actually gone backwards in terms of flexibility and, for me personally, value - my bills are consistently higher than they used to be and will now go up again.

3GScottishUser
1st June 2007, 12:48 PM
Rotten value... won't be using my Vodafone for data at those rates. In fact it might now be time to terminate my VCodafone contract and use Orange with the £8 a month 1GB fair use. I think that would suit my needs pretty well and if you can use the handset as a modem then so much the better.

Don't think Vodafone are doing themselves many favours with this deal, however the 125MB might be enough for many casual users, still looks poor on paper compared with others.

solo12002
1st June 2007, 01:02 PM
3SGU

Sorry to disapoint you.

Ihave been told its £8 for 30MB and this shows when you log on to my orange, unless you have a link proving other wise.

miffed
1st June 2007, 02:35 PM
I love T-mobile more and more each day !

Orange and Voda trailing behind because they weren't trying was one thing , but now they ARE trying and STILL trailing behind ...... :D

LONG LIVE T-MOBILE !!!

miffed
1st June 2007, 02:38 PM
3SGU

Sorry to disapoint you.

Ihave been told its £8 for 30MB and this shows when you log on to my orange, unless you have a link proving other wise.

Or you can pay £41 for 80mb

( ^^^ this suggest the meter will be running as soon as you go over 30mb - no usage warnings or anything, just cold hard bills ! )

or .... you can pay £7.50 for all you can eat from T-mobile

(I love t-mobile :D )

Hands0n
2nd June 2007, 10:38 AM
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. What on earth are Vodafone up to? This is not competitive by any stretch of the meaning of the word. It is almost as if they are doing this begrudgingly.

I remain too terrified to even contemplate using my new N95 for data on Vodafone. When my contract with T-Mobile renews I'll take out an un-mangled N95 with them to continue my use of Web N Walk Plus (£12.50 for 3GB) which is far better value £ for £.

I can see Vodafone drip-feeding us with Data tariffs over the next several years. Meanwhile the likes of T-Mobile will be doing a certain amount of clearing up. But can Vodafone, or any mobile operator, afford to be so lacklustre in the face of 18 and 24 month contracts? If they lose custom they will have to factor that into the balance sheet for longer than ever before. Already these extended contracts are beginning to hurt the figures. Vodafone and the others will have to increase their competitiveness and not, as they have done here, add insult to injury with such a poor value Data tariff.

Open Note to Sir John Bond - "Dear Sir John, Vodafone must try harder. This simply will not do."

I suspect that in lieu of actually responding to competition Vodafone will have to use History as its teacher.

solo12002
2nd June 2007, 12:40 PM
Maybe those vodafone CS staff that suff this fourm would like to feed back to their bross that we all feel the offer from vodafone is CRAP Full stop!

whatleydude
4th June 2007, 09:09 AM
Though, quite frankly, I vastly preferred data coming out of my text bundle. But then I also liked it when MMS came out of my text bundle. I think Vodafone's tariffs have actually gone backwards in terms of flexibility and, for me personally, value - my bills are consistently higher than they used to be and will now go up again.

See - I hated data coming out of my text bundle.
I use about 70mb or so a month... this will make a huge difference to my monthly bills.

I agree with you about the MMS mind.