View Full Version : T-Mobile Mobile TV

dgilbert2
2nd June 2007, 03:33 PM
T-Mobile are currently offering free Mobile TV when selecting their 24hr TV pack, until 30/6/07.

Unfortunately my Nokia 6233 keeps coming up "No responce" when trying to watch a TV channel. Anyone got the 6233 to work on T-Mobile's TV offering?

miffed
2nd June 2007, 04:11 PM
Works fine on my N80 , E61 & N95

The only problem I have seen is that it doesn't seem to be proper TV , just loops of video that last a few of minutes each

Having said that though , been watching Big Brother a little recently , and that appears to be "live"

It looks like the Free daily passes will be available till 30th June

Hands0n
3rd June 2007, 08:14 PM
Okay - this is quite confusing. T-Mobile's website says that the link to the Mobile TV is either on a Tab or a Link on Web 'n Walk and T-Zones pages respectively. But for the life of me, I can't see them anywhere.

miffed
3rd June 2007, 08:51 PM
Yes ,this is a little strange , there are two versions of the homepage , I get the one with all the tabs on my N95 , but not on the E61

Hands0n
3rd June 2007, 09:29 PM
T-Mobile must be using some sensing of the handset/browser before showing the link/tab. But on the N93 it works just fine on the built-in Realplayer that is a feature of the OS on the N-series. I watched a couple of vids, no change in my impression that the stuff is just-about-watchable, and then at a pinch!

Denyo1977
4th June 2007, 06:58 PM
It says there is supposed to be a Mobile TV tab on the web'n'walk homepage or you can click the Mobile TV icon on the t-zones homepage. I've got the MDA Vario II and I don't believe I can get t-zones on it (although T-Mobile told me I can). And I can't find anything on the web'n'walk homepage. Now I have to say that I flashed the ROM, so it's not the T-Mobile firmware anymore. So I would like to know if anyone else actually gets the Mobile TV tab on the Vario II (and I don't get it because of flashed ROM)?
Btw, on friend's Sony Ericsson K800i it doesn't work either. It just tries to connect and then it says "Failed".

Hands0n
5th June 2007, 12:13 AM
T-Mobile CS replied today - check this out

What handset do you have? This TV link will only be shown to you if you have a compatible Mobiletv handset. Please www.t-mobile.co.uk/mobiletv to see if you handset is compatible

Denyo1977
5th June 2007, 06:15 PM
I had this reply

Hello Dennis

Thanks for your email about trying our Mobile TV on your phone, and whether it is possible to get T-Zones on your MDA Vario II.

I'm grateful you've taken the time to email me about this as it allows me the opportunity to look into this for you and that's very important to us at T-Mobile.

The T-Zones service is automatically installed in your phone allowing you access. If you're experiencing problems using this service, please email me the details and I can assist you in the set up on the service.

I'm pleased to confirm that the MDA Vario II is compatiable with the Mobile TV service as a 3G phone is required.

Had a look on their website, the MDA Vario II isn't listed!

Denyo1977
13th June 2007, 07:33 PM
Hello Dennis,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

As the Vario II is a 3G handset it is compatible with Mobile TV.

You're correct there isn't a 'Mobile TV' tab on the Web'n'Walk homepage. Please select the 'TV' tab instead.

Please do get back in touch if you've any other queries.

Regards,

I think I would have probably tried a TV tab. But of course there is no TV tab either. :mad:

Denyo1977
17th June 2007, 07:38 PM
Ok, found the solution :D
You just have to enter http://tinyurl.com/2uzgze and it takes you straight to Mobile TV section. Had an error message the first couple of times but then it worked.