View Full Version : Photo submissions for June 2007

3g-g
3rd June 2007, 08:51 PM
I think we're officially in summer now, even though as I look out of my window the rain is falling, typical Britain! The light is good, it's here at 5am and lasts 'till 11pm (well in Scotland anyway!), just perfect for taking some pictures! Get snapping folks, lets see if we get more entries than last month.

Notes:

1) Your post and attached image will not show up straight away - we check each entry first.

2) You can only enter one picture each month.

3) All pictures must be taken with a 3G phone during the month of June 2007 - you can state which phone you used if you wish, but technical quality is unimportant. As such, reducing the size of your photo is fine provided no 'photoshopping' is performed. In fact, with mobile phone cameras generating increasingly large files you are encouraged to slightly reduce the dimensions of your snaps and Windows users can do this using Stretch/Skew in Microsoft Paint.

4) The winners poll will now be a public vote - you can't vote for yourself!

Good luck!

Hands0n
3rd June 2007, 09:52 PM
It weren't raining here in glorious sun-baked Kent mate ;)

This photograph is taken on the Nokia N93 at maximum resolution and zoomed in 3X using the optical zoom only (digital zoom is nasty).

The subject matter is of half a field of Scarecrows set up as an art project by a Dutch artist who was persuaded to do this in Kent. He's exhibited these in Holland previously. The other half is to the right and if anyone wants to see the other three photos I took just let me know and I'll post them elsewhere.

NB: There is a small pile on the right of the photo - these were three or four that were vandalised last night by some of the local yobbery.

miffed
10th June 2007, 08:57 AM
I thought I should test the N95 camera out and post something

However ,I am possibly the worlds worst photographer as I don't like to keep still long enough

Anyway , I call this masterpiece "Frog on a log"

gorilla
10th June 2007, 12:51 PM
Haven't done one of these in a while. So new phone in my hands and off to the bedroom window to take a picture. I haven't even taken the plastic film from the back of the phone yet, so this is a picture of the view from my bedroom window, with the E65 at max res, with the plastic still on!!!
Not bad, will serve a purpose.

whatleydude
19th June 2007, 09:06 AM
Here's my effort..

The Cribs!

(and what with me heading to Glasto tomorrow - expect a new theme tres soon!)

;)

Ben
30th June 2007, 11:14 AM
Demonstrating the truly awesome quality of mobile phone photography, I give you The O2 (post Snow Patrol) :D

Hands0n
30th June 2007, 02:10 PM
Hee hee, I was there 7 years ago when "the Tent" first opened.